It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if u are a believer in Jesus...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 02:34 PM
link   
the answer to the question of being gay is right or NOTcannot be answered by discussion if you follow God,

Romans,1 18-32 is all the answer u need.
Dont hate God, appreciate for ur existence

TRUESABBETH

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 03:03 PM
link   
So, am I as an atheist supposed to dislike all Christians for believing that gays are unnatural and sinful?
This is why I think the Bible is a stupid book to follow because it is just full of sexist, racist and homophobic bull#.
Sure there are some good messages in there, but Buddhism has many of the same good messages without the bollocks you find in Romans 1, 18 - 32.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 03:13 PM
link   

So, am I as an atheist supposed to dislike all Christians for believing that gays are unnatural and sinful?

If you actually read the bible you would know that "homosexual practice is a sin in God's eyes" and you would already have the answer to you question. Dont preach unless you know! Sorry if i offend you by saying this.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   
if Bhuddism is the answer for u, I have no problem with that.

TRUESABBATH
"depart from her,my people, so as not to take part in her sins and recieve a part in her plagues, for her sins are piled up to the sky, and God remembers her crimes"

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Sorry Dany,
I misunderstood your comments, i should have read more thorough before commenting on them. Sorry about that. If you believe that homosexual activity is ok then thats your belief but dont knock those who go by the bible.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DipSchnit

If you actually read the bible you would know that "homosexual practice is a sin in God's eyes" and you would already have the answer to you question. Dont preach unless you know! Sorry if i offend you by saying this.

damn straight. I dont understand the post "if God thinks that being gay is fine,then" post, because in the bible clearly states that homosexuality is a sin.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 03:36 PM
link   
understand that because the bible speaks on these abominations does not make it a hateful text at all.
Since there is bad as well as good, both need to be addressed.

Me personally the thought of layin up with another man is enough to make me sick to death, and I'm mighty healthy.

THUESABBATH

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I agree with that 100%

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I.
Really.
Hate.
Homophobes.
The Bible IS a hateful text if that is what it says, and I know that is what it says, so # the Bible.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   
If you dont believe then dont believe. Dont discredit it just because your not a believer. That just shows what kind of person you are and the ignorance you display with the words that you use to describe it. The goal is not to offend anyone and I must say that I am a little offended by the way you talk about it. Just dont read it if you feel that way. Besides that how would you feel if someone said something that you strongly believe is a piece of #e. I would think it would offend you a little too.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DipSchnit
If you dont believe then dont believe. Dont discredit it just because your not a believer. That just shows what kind of person you are and the ignorance you display with the words that you use to describe it. The goal is not to offend anyone and I must say that I am a little offended by the way you talk about it. Just dont read it if you feel that way. Besides that how would you feel if someone said something that you strongly believe is a piece of #e. I would think it would offend you a little too.

No, I don't care, say that if you want but you cannot deny that the Bible is full of hate.
Yes there are some good parts to it but what about all the murder and death that is "alright" because it's the "righteous" people cleansing the world of the "sinful"?

It's bull#, modern Christians seem to pick and choose which bits of the Bible they follow and I wonder why? Why not just make a new book without all the predjudice and Hate? Why does there have to be ANY predjudice in a book that is supposed to full of Love?

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I dont have an aswer to that and I cant answer that. I dont believe it is hate, you have to have an open mind and understand what the words truly mean. God created this world in image of himself, now with that being known and the sacrifices that Jesus made for us to this day(if thats what you believe)I can hardley think of the bible as being hateful. Disciplined yes, hateful no.
But that is my belief not yours.

[Edited on 28-11-2003 by DipSchnit]

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
This is what is not good. People do not choose to be gay or straight. It is in your genetic make up, and it can often be influenced by having an older brother, and if you are a guy, growing up with all females can also increase chances.
Now, going past that, if being gay is a sin, why did God create it? It is NOT a choice of the person, so wouldn't this be an unfair thing to have God judge a human being on?

2 Cents.

-wD

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Another double post...sorry again. (My finger is a little twitchy : /

[Edited on 28-11-2003 by WeBDeviL]

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 04:19 PM
link   
God didnt create "gay". God created man and man created "gay". How could God create "gay"?. And I really dont care if someone is Gay or not, that to me doesnt change who they are. Fact are facts and everyone sins but if you ask for forgiveness and you believe then you will be forgiven. I do believe in the Bible and I do believe that gay activity is a sin along with many other things, but thats not for me to judge.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I dont care if you are it just seems like your very concerned with this gay issue I not trying to offend you I was just curious......seems like your looking for some answers

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 04:51 PM
link   
He's not gay, but he shows some sensitivity in this area and rightfully so. I personally think the idea a gay person is sinful in God's eye is very inane and downright stupid. It's not worth me arguing about though.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Thanks Futs.
Yeah, I'm not gay, I just get very angry when people look down on others simply for being different.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I am a Christian, I know what the Bible says, and you are correct in that homosexuality is an abomination, just as several other things are. My question is why did you start this thread? Did you think an homosexual here was going to read that and say "Holy Smokes! He's right!! I'd better trot off and get myself a wife right now!!!

This fits in with conspiracy.....how?

I think I know how. This thread is a conspiracy in itself. It was not meant as a revelation to those who do not know as you know that would reach nobody. It was intended to be a focal point for people who both hate the thoughts of Christianity and have little understanding of God or His divine will to spew blasphemous garbage onto the internet, as I see happened.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
I am a Christian, I know what the Bible says, and you are correct in that homosexuality is an abomination, just as several other things are. My question is why did you start this thread? Did you think an homosexual here was going to read that and say "Holy Smokes! He's right!! I'd better trot off and get myself a wife right now!!!

This fits in with conspiracy.....how?

I think I know how. This thread is a conspiracy in itself. It was not meant as a revelation to those who do not know as you know that would reach nobody. It was intended to be a focal point for people who both hate the thoughts of Christianity and have little understanding of God or His divine will to spew blasphemous garbage onto the internet, as I see happened.

Or, it was an opportunity for a Christian to spew anti-social garbage onto the internet, take your pick.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join