It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Lakers re-hire Jackson

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Phil Jackson is returning to the Los Angeles Lakers following a reconciliation with the team that cut him loose last year after three NBA championships in five seasons. Spokesman John Black said Tuesday the team has rehired Jackson, who was let go by owner Jerry Buss last June 18. A news conference was set for 5 p.m. EDT at Staples Center.

FoxSports.com

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Welcome back Phil, but this is a totally different Lakers team, don't expect to win it all right away again.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
He is taking on a big task. He is not givin a good time so he will have to rebuild!

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I wonder how long it will take until Kobe and him are arguing in public?

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
This is what alot of us have been waiting for.

As impressive as Phil's resume looks on paper (9 titles), we finally get a chance to see what he can do with a team that missed the playoffs and isn't already put together to win a championship.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I am sorry to say but I think that Jackson won't be able to make this team playoff ready this year. Give him 2 and he will be back on track!

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Playoffs are a possibility, you can't count out Kobe...

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Well Kobe is a big factor, I know. But the thing is, they are probably getting rid of Odom in the offseason and Grant and his big contract aren't working out because he is not doing what he should be doing for the money he is making. Unless the Lakers make a good trade during the offseason, Lakers have no chance this year.

new topics

top topics

join