It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: 2005 WNBA season

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
OK, the NBA playoffs are reaching thier peak, so now the WNBA is reaching in, trying to get a hold of the basketball fanbase.

I'm goign to try and follow the league this year. One thing that i find difficult for the WNBA, though, is it's an indoor league that plays during the summer, when people want to be outside.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Lisa Leslie had just picked up her third foul nine minutes into the first half, and new Los Angeles Sparks coach Henry Bibby reluctantly went to a zone defense.

It turned out to be the perfect move.

Leslie stayed in the game and out of more foul trouble, scoring 23 points as the Sparks held the Seattle Storm to their worst shooting performance in team history in a 68-50 win on Saturday.

CBS

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Former television executive Sheila Johnson became the WNBA's first black female owner Tuesday when she joined a group that purchased the Washington Mystics.

Johnson, co-founder of Black Entertainment Television, became a part-owner of Lincoln Holdings LLC, which purchased the Mystics from Abe Pollin's Washington Sports & Entertainment. Lincoln Holdings, founded by AOL executive Ted Leonsis, owns the NHL's Washington Capitals and is a 45-percent partner in the NBA's Washington Wizards and MCI Center, which Pollin also owns.

source

Yahoo! sports

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Sacramento Monarchs are off to a 3 and 0 start!

Not that I could name one player on their team or anything.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
If I had to pick a team, it would be the Charlotte Sting, they have Kelly Mazzante, who is also from central Pennsylvania.

They aren't doing so hot right now (1-5), and I put the blame on not playing Kelly enough.

new topics

top topics

join