It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: stern wants tougher drug policy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   
david stern has proposed a tougher drug policy for the nba. under the new policy a player would be banned for 3 failed tests, the number of tests per year would also be increased,
sad to say but would it be all that suprising if the nba didn't have the same problems that the other pro sports leagues have?

news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
good move, too bad it takes an act of congress to get anything done. It looks to me like congress might want to enforce a rule accross the leagues.

BTW, I think the big issue in the NBA with drugs isn't performance enhancers, it's marijuana. Just look at Shaun Kemp and Sam Perkins for prime examples.

Besides, massive muscles woudn't help in baskeball, unless you are Shaz sized, then you can push people around.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I think it is something like this:
1st time - 5 games
2nd time - 10 games
3rd time - Exemption from league

It is something like that but I am not as sure. The people who were talking about the steroids subject said that they orginally wanted to put it that steroids users would have a 2-year suspension from the league for a first time deal. I think that is kind of rediculous don't you think.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   
i don't think that it is ridiculous at all, it is cheating, pure and simple, it is also illegal....it would be like having one team playing with 6 men on the floor...in my opinion there is no punishment that is too tough on these guys, including prosecuting them

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I'm with you up until you until you say that the tests should be used for prosecution. IMO, that is leading down a sliperry road.

The government should not be able to use private sector testing to determine whether someone has broken the law. That is the responsibiliity of the government. Maybe it can be used in court, but not as a reason to initiate prosecution. If it is used for that, then Big Brother is on his way into our society, and I don't want to live there.

[Edited on 5/22/2005 by Gibbs Baby!!!]

top topics

join