It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: NBA Finals

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
BTW, there are 3 games in Auburn Hills, not 2, it's a cool set up for the finals, it almost forces a game 7.

Seriously, though, this has been a good series, two of the games going back and forth.

Thanks for clearing that up Gibbs, I thought it was 2-2-1-1-1.

I have to disagree with your second statement. I hear ya on the sleep thing but the last 5 minutes are supposed to be the most exciting but four games into this series that has been far from the case. I'd much rather see a close game, the coaches are emptying the benches around the 5-minute mark. Not very exciting IMO.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Life's a journey, not a destination. If all you want to watch is the last 5 minutes, you're missing out on the whole picture. Games 1 and 3 were exciting, with the exception of the last few minutes. The visiting team held the halftime lead in each of those games.

Look for Sunday's game to be a good one.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
The Pistons are tough at home, I think Detroit will take game 4 tonight and send the series back to Texas tied at 2. I wouldn't be surprised to see the home team take every game, which would mean the Spurs in 7.

You have to remember, this series goes 2-3-2 for home. So that means that Detroit would go back to Texas with a 3-2 series lead. I have to disagree with you because I believe that the series will be Detroit in 6!

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Thanks for the philosophy lesson Gibbs.

I've watched the whole games, I just like to see an exciting final five minutes. I dont think the games have been very exciting thus far but thats just my opinion.

Huge Game 5 tonight for both teams.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
We're going to ooooooovertime!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Spurs win Game 5, head home with a 3-2 lead.

A much more interesting game to watch, Robert Horry proved once again that he is a clutch shooter.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Didn't get to watch this one, looks like I missed out on a good one.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Horry, Horry, Horry. This man has to be one of the best playoff clutch players that have ever played the game. He is up there with Reggie and Michael. This guy is crazy. But don't give up on the Pistons. I think that they still have it. Spurs were the best on the road and they are even better on home court. But how they have been in this exact situation already in these playoff and anything can happen!

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Just saw the highlights on Sky, had a good game.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Horry's ridiculous! Looks like he might pick up title number 6 in 2 days time...

I stick with the original prediction. Spurs in 6.

Next question for y'all: who's going to win Finals MVP? Ginobili? If Detroit pull it back probably Billups again, but I would guess Manu is the front-runner at the moment.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Ben....has anyone won both MVP and Defensive man of the year all in the same year?

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Once travy, Hakeem did it in 1993-94. Won the best defensive player during the regular season than took the Finals MVP in the last 7 game series the NBA Finals saw, against the Knicks.

Speaking of 7 game finals series...game 7, here we come!

Detroit take it 95-86 in game 6

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Like I keep tellin everyone. Detroit in 7.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I won't bet against that one anymore...Detroit's too damn tough. But so are the Spurs.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by travy51
Like I keep tellin everyone. Detroit in 7.

can't argue with your predictions now travy!

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   
It's over!

Spurs pull it out by seven...Amazing!

I feel like a kid in a candy shop. My ChiSox are on top of the MLB, Texas is in the CWS, and now my spurs have won it...

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Congrats to the Spurs, deserving champs.

I missed the last 3 games, as they didn't have cable in the National Parks...

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
so who won? i don't follow the NBA at all, giving me a team name won't help, i need team name and city name along with who plays for them, also what college they went too wouldn't be so bad either. man i hate basketball, it ranks right up there with the NHL (are they even around anymore?)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join