It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: NBA Finals

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Something else that the Spurs have that the Pistons don't?

Robert Horry.

Champion.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Mulder

One of the reasons I think Detroit was able to get by Miami was Detroit's experience. They know how to win these pressure packed playoff series as a group.

However I don't think that will matter with San Antonio because the Spurs have themselves been here as a group (winning in 2003).

With the Spurs having homecourt. I'll pick the Spurs in 7.

I agree with the Spurs comment. The Spurs deserve full credit for beating some amazing teams like Seattle and Phoenix. Beating Phoenix in 5...I don't think anyone saw that one coming!

But I think that Detroit mostly won because Wade was injured. They certainly killed in Game 6 because of that, then scraped home past an injured Wade in Game 7 cos his FG% was way down.

The best thing about this year's final series is that the two best team units are playing against each other. Give Phoenix and Miami another year, as long as they don't implode somewhere, they could do the same in 2006.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
T minus 1 hour to gametime!

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I don't want to call this prematurely, but, the Spurs are making the defending World Champion Pistons look like an average High School team.

Sweep?

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The Spurs are up 18 with 3 minutes til halftime.

Hopefully the Pistons can make this a series when they get back to Motown. I'm rooting for the Spurs but I dont want to see a boring sweep, I want to see some good basketball.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I predict what al just said, the Pistons will take 2 of 3 at Detroit, but, the way the spurs are just spanking the Pistons, I dont hold much hope for that to happen...

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Did you see that steal by Horry?

I just love to hate that dude, he's way too good for his own good...

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Yeah, then he missed the three.

The Pistons have cut the deficit down to 8 with 7 minutes left to play. Hopefully we'll have a good ending.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican

The Pistons have cut the deficit down to 8 with 7 minutes left to play.

That didnt last very long. The Spurs quickly put to bed any chances that the Pistons might have had of coming back, winning by 21 points 97-76. The Spurs never trailed in the game.

Off to Detroit for Game 3 on Tuesday and Game 4 on Thursday.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Back to the Palace of Auburn Hills. This is a great series so far but the big guys of Detroit need to step up. Rasheed is trying but Billups, Prince, and Hamilton need to do so also. Wallace (Ben that is) is doing an exceptional job. Detroit is a great team when they want to be. Instead of Detroit celebrating so much after the Miami win, they should of been mentally preparing for the San Antonio Spurs. We all know that they can bring it!

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Detroit showing they can hang with the big boys. Deficit is back to 2-1

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Detroit will win game 2, I think it will go game 6 where Detroit will win it.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Getting interesting, it's on late over here but worth the watch.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Last night was a good game for the Pistons, but don't look for the Spurs to be out of it. I'm thinking that they might take game 4, but lose game 5.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Could be right, it's a balanced game, they won't go without a fight.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
It is going to be back and forth and I think that it will go to game 7 now because these teams are evenly matched. The only difference is the "Duncan Factor". But I think Detroit will win it in game 7,
94-89!

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Naw, naw, naw

I say SA takes it tonite, Detriot wins on Sunday, but SA goes back home and wins game 6 at home

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The Pistons are tough at home, I think Detroit will take game 4 tonight and send the series back to Texas tied at 2. I wouldn't be surprised to see the home team take every game, which would mean the Spurs in 7.

More than anything though, I just want to see a good game. In the first 3 games the final score differences were 15, 21, and 17. I'd much rather see a close game at the end or even some overtime than these big deficits where the last 5 minutes aren't even worth watching.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Hey Mig, I like your prediction!

PA, I'm not minding the last 5 minutes not worth watching, it means I can get a little extra sleep
BTW, there are 3 games in Auburn Hills, not 2, it's a cool set up for the finals, it almost forces a game 7.

Seriously, though, this has been a good series, two of the games going back and forth.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
OK, It's only halfway through the 4th, but i'm giving the game to the Pistons.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join