It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: NBA Finals

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Who do you all think is gonna be in the Finals? I think its gonna be Detroit and Phoenix.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Despite last night's events, I'm going with Dallas and Miami. And I'd pick big D to win it all. They just seem to have the team concept down this year.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   
The San Anontio Spurs and the Miami Heat are the teams I think will be in the Finals this year.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pittsteel7
Who do you all think is gonna be in the Finals? I think its gonna be Detroit and Phoenix.

I agree with you 100%. This would be a great matchup and I think that with the defence that both these teams have, this is how it will end up!

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I think that Indiana and Dallas would disagree with you two...

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   
They have made good comebacks I have to say but I am still agreeing with what I said. Phoenix needs to depend on their little players a little more (ex. Joe Johnson) and they need not to center on Stoudemire so much. For Detroit, they had 2 bad games in a row. But I can still see them coming back. They did that last year. They can do it again this year.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Miami and Phoenix for me.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeflonDon
Miami and Phoenix for me.

Well, you got it half right, Don...

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I wouldn't count Miami in just yet with Shaq's availability uncertain.

Yeah they won both games they played without him, but we all know the Wizards aren't the Pistons or Pacers. Wade has been spectacular, but I think a semi-healthy Shaq is essential for the Heat to get to the finals.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
And you can't count Pheonix as an automatic finals participant. I think it's a tougher call in the West, with Pheonix, San Antonio, and Dallas.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Phoenix isn't a shoe-in but I know that if Nash played the way he did last night (triple-double), there is no doubt that they can win a championship. He isn't going to have a night like that all the time though. So that is why other people need to step up. For example, in last nights game, Jim Jacksopn stepped up as the point-guard while Nash was on the bench and then they went on a 7-0 surge. If they can get that out of their bench then they will be set.

But Dallas has a good bench also in one person, Jerry Stackhouse. This guy is on fire during the playoffs. And with Dirk not playing well and getting hurt (hit in the eye), it is going to be hard for Dallas to get through unless someone else steps up.

San Antonio has a great shot because they have a triple threat (Ginobili, Parker, Duncan). But they also have a good team. Don't count these guys out.

Seattle is a great team also but I don't believe they will make it. With Rashard Lewis not playing, these guys need more production from the bench. And you can't see that. At least the duo of Allen and Daniels is working!

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I guess it's either Pheonix or San Antonio now, though.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
San Antonio.

Detroit.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I am lovin Detroit right now. People think they are the underdog in the Miami series but they have advantage over Miami. They have the Wallaces, Prince, Hamilton, and Billups. That line is off the hook!

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
It looks like Wade will be in the game tonight, will that be a good move?

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Answer - it didn't matter.

My predictions?

Spurs in 6.

Ginobli gets MVP.

Spurs average 104+ points per game.

Gentlemen, we got us a championship series here.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Should be a great finals series.

I was hoping the Heat would win but Detroit showed why they're the world champs.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I gotta be honest, this is a crushing letdown in terms of Finals Series. After an amazing year of basketball the two most boring teams have made it to the Finals.

Spurs in 6, Duncan MVP. Again. Blah blah blah.

Here's hoping Phoenix and Dallas get it together next year and Miami and New Jersey in the East.

p.s. I'm well aware that the Pistons and Spurs have proven themselves the 'best' teams but this is still disappointing.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I wouldn't call it disappointing, I think that the Spurs ar egonna light it up. Feel the power of Manu!

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Okay so it's not going to be an offensive showdown. I was hoping for Phoenix somehow.

But it should be really competitive and in that sense I think it should be a good series. You've got 2 really fundamentally sound defensive teams.

You got the 2004 NBA Champions (Detroit) vs. the 2003 NBA Champions (San Antonio).

One of the reasons I think Detroit was able to get by Miami was Detroit's experience. They know how to win these pressure packed playoff series as a group. They knew how to win Game 7 even though it was on the road. Miami, first year with Shaq and this group, not as much experience getting this far.

However I don't think that will matter with San Antonio because the Spurs have themselves been here as a group (winning in 2003).

With the Spurs having homecourt. I'll pick the Spurs in 7.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join