It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Okafor top NBA rookie

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
As Emeka Okafor walked the course at the Wachovia Championship, golf fans stopped the Charlotte Bobcats forward to congratulate him on winning the NBA's Rookie of the Year award.

Even Tiger Woods made a point to offer well wishes.

Only then did Okafor realize just what the award meant.

LINK

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I suppose he was the right choice, I didn't see too much of him playing down in Charlotte. The Bobcats dont get a whole lot of TV time. I know Okafor's best friend, Ben Gordon, had a really good season too and if I'm not mistaken he became the first rookie ever to win the Sixth Man award.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   
You have it right, Ben Gordon is the first rookie to ever win the Sixth Man Award in its 26 years of existence (if I am correct). Okafor was a good choice but if I could pick, it would be Dwight Howard. Okafor had no real stars around him so he had more touches. Dwight Howard had Francis and Hill around him but he still seemed to put up a double-double season.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Howard would be a good choice as well, he's a good player who brings alot to the inside, he's a rebounding machine.

Although I dont think he should have won the award, Philly's Andre Igoudola had a great year too and should become an impact player in the NBA.

This was definitely a good rookie class this year and it looks like there will be some more good rookies coming in next year. The NBA has some very exciting players in the league right now.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
This was definitely a good rookie class this year and it looks like there will be some more good rookies coming in next year. The NBA has some very exciting players in the league right now.

Hopefully the league wil be on the upswing, and make up for the disgustin issues that have plagued it lately. (fighting, etc.)

new topics

top topics

join