It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Who's gonna be the next Knicks coach?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Isiah Thomas has interviewed several candidates, including Mr. Phil Jackson (he could be the star of the new Bachelor) and PJ Carelisimo. Flip Saunders is also on his wish list.

Who would fit in there the best?

[Edited on 4/29/2005 by Gibbs Baby!!!]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I am going out on a string but I think it might be Flip Saunders because the Knicks have asked Minnesota if they could interview Saunders. Saunders is still with the Wolves somehow and that asks the question, "Why do they have to ask Minnesota if they want to interview Saunders?"

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I se Flip ending up in Cleveland, I think that PJ Carlisimo is a better fit in New York. Where does Phil wind up? Back on the beach, he's still gonna be without a job.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
This might answer that last question a little -

Report: Pursuit of Phil down to Lakers, Knicks

The Cleveland Cavaliers are out of the chase for the services of Phil Jackson, just days after having preliminary talks with the nine-time NBA champion coach, according to the New York Post.

source

ESPN

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I can't see Flip in Cleveland because he has been in the lague and he want a team where he thinks he can win. New York might not look good but with their payroll, the chemistry should ignite.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
If I were an NBA coaching prospect (and I think I should be, lol!), I'd prefer Cleveland to New York for sure. The Cavs barely missed the playoffs, and they have LeBron, the most exciting player in the league, to boot. The Knicks have been mired in mediocrity for too many years now, and haven't really made any changes that show they want to get away from it.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I have to agree with you when you say Cleveland over New York also because New York has such a big payroll but they aren't getting anywhere. It is all about team chemistry and not about how much money you have. But it sure helps though!

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
MOney does help out in buying talent not chemistry, the Knicks i dunno what to say abotu the knicks, they have had great coaching and still nothing, its about time to give up on them.

The Knicks have to ask for permisson to interview Flip because he is technically still under contract with the wolves and they need permisson from the front office.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I got ya now. Well they have got permission from what I have heard. I know that Phil Jackson is on his way back to LA now so he is out of the picture. With the Knicks though, I think they have it now, they just need to make some key trades during the summer and work on chemistry, not talent, but chemistry. You need a mix of both in the NBA but the most important thing you need is the chemistry. New York just needs to make something work, and I think they will do it next season.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I just saw a rumour that they might be interestede in Laimbeer. Interesting, I think...

Bill Laimbeer isn't officially a candidate for the Knicks' coaching position, but Isiah Thomas' former Bad Boys teammate was expecting to be asked about it.

"I've always said I'd like to coach in the NBA ... I'm having fun doing what I'm doing now, though," said Laimbeer, who has a 53-39 record in his fourth season as coach of the Detroit Shock. "I'm not going to leave Detroit until my daughter graduates from high school. When she graduates from high school, we'll see what comes my way."

source

Newsday

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Does anyone think that Larry Brown might be interested in the job if his health is good enough?

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   
No way that Larry Brown will take this job. There is too much to handle and his health is not extremely great. He needs to take it easy. He is a great coach and everything but I think his days as a coach should come to an end. He should retire when he is at his best. We don't want someone like Lenny Wilkens (one of the best coaches ever) again.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I think if the docs tell him that there's a chance, he'll be intruiged to give it a shot

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Larry Brown is going in 2 different directions. The press says he going one way while he says he's nto goign anywhere. What is he actually going to do?

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Larry will be back in Detroit, after losing to the Spurs, he wants another title.

Bill Lambeer will be the knicks coach, he met with 'Zeke again.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Thanks for the details Gibbs, have anymore?

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I'll look in the crystal ball a bit after the finals are over

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I want a crystal ball!

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Hey man, you got my insight, what more do you need?

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
You gotta point there.:bounce:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join