It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Is their agreeance to Bobby Simmons winning most improved?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
The question of the day today is,

"Does Bobby Simmons deserve the most improved player award or should it have been on of the other candidates?"

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
It looks like he made the most improvement. Wade was a candidate for Rookie of the year last season, and Prince was on the championship team, they both were already top-notch players.

Bobby Simmons of the Los Angeles Clippers was a runaway winner of the NBA Most Improved Player award Thursday, easily topping Miami Heat star Dwyane Wade and Detroit Pistons standout Tayshaun Prince despite playing on a losing team.

Story link

I wonder if his status as a free agent after the season had something to do with his improvement

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I would have voted for Larry Hughes but oh well.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Mulder
I would have voted for Larry Hughes but oh well.

I wouldn't agree with Larry Hughes winning this award. This is all about making a name for yourself when people didn't even know you last year. It is basically an award that people win for making people know who you are. Larry Hughes was already a name. Bobby Simmons was not even on the radar last year.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
So you think it went to the right guy?

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   
If you think about all of the people that were in the group of most improved:

Wade, Prince, Brezec, Dickau, James, etc.

Simmons displayed the "most" improvement since last year. Wade was already good and he was already a up-and-coming game in Miami where Simmons was not even on the radar. That is why the award is called the "most" improved. Simmons has basically went from no one to a known name. LA Clippers don't have many big players and it is a good thing that he won!

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Agreed. Simmons was the only name that turned from a nobody into a somebody. I don`t get why Prince was even a nominee, and, as you said, James and Wade were already up-and-comers. Dickau could have been an interesting choice but I think it went to the right man. Now...what about MVP? Should Nashy have won it?

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Heck yeah, i think Shaq is overrated. Anyone could have game with his size. Hi sskills aren't that good, however. And look at the change in Nash's team.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I find that the Heat were fine without Shaq in the lineup. They could still be in the playoffs, in my opinion, without him. With Mourning playing the way he says, this team will be a sure contender.

new topics

top topics

join