It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Lamar Odom no longer Laker after off-season?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
From recent reports, Lamar Odom is being used in the free agent market to bring in a big man that will help out in the front court. Lamar Odom just came off successful surgery and is looking to redeem himself after a bad season plagued with injuries. That would just give the Lakers a chance to trade up in the draft or make a big deal like they made last season (Not as big as Shaq deal though). My question is to you, can Lamar Odom be as big of a factor as he was when he was a LA Clipper and a part of the Heat?

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Yes he can, he had succesful surgery, there's no reson to think not. On the right team, he can be a superstar.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   
The new question that should be proposed is what team would he fit in best with?

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Good question. Withthe success he had at Miami, I would think that the Jazz might be a good fit for him, as long as Sloan sticks around. But, I don't know that there is room for him, maybe they could drop Okur?

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Dropping Okur wouldn't be the greatest idea though, if you think about getting back everyone it is one of the greatest NBA starting 5 in the NBA. I mean look at it:
G Matt Harpring
G Gordon Giricek
F Carlos Boozer
F Andrei Kirilenko (AKA... AK-47)
C Mehmet Okur

This team can prove to be a contender if everyone is healthy. They got off to a good start this year and just bombed after Boozer and Kirilenko went out.

This team needs to imporve a lot though. They need to become one unit instead of sitting around and depending on two players (Boozer, Kirilenko). If they could play as one unit and go out every night giving it their all, I believe that they could be championship calibur but until then, no way.

Ben

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I honestly don't think that they can trade Odom away, they are already hurting as a team, and trading him away would just make matters worse.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by travy51
Dropping Okur wouldn't be the greatest idea though, if you think about getting back everyone it is one of the greatest NBA starting 5 in the NBA. I mean look at it:
G Matt Harpring
G Gordon Giricek
F Carlos Boozer
F Andrei Kirilenko (AKA... AK-47)
C Mehmet Okur

This team can prove to be a contender if everyone is healthy. They got off to a good start this year and just bombed after Boozer and Kirilenko went out.

This team needs to imporve a lot though. They need to become one unit instead of sitting around and depending on two players (Boozer, Kirilenko). If they could play as one unit and go out every night giving it their all, I believe that they could be championship calibur but until then, no way.

Thanks for remind9ing me that they really are good, it was easy to forget this season. I just hope that Slaon sticks with it, he's a great hard-nosed coach, he made the difference for tham the past 20 seasons. If anyone can make them play together, I'd say it's him, his style is all team-centric.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
I honestly don't think that they can trade Odom away, they are already hurting as a team, and trading him away would just make matters worse.

Well, they have a lottery pick, that should help. and getting a couplle decent layers, or one great one, for odom would help, too. As much as I hate to say it, they could possibly be back in contention, with jst a few moves. Depends on the coach, and what they do this off-season. You just can't count Kobe out of it.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I am not really a fan of how people say that "it is always the coach's fault" and the coach gets fired. It is really how they react off of the coach. The coach could be doing a good job (ex. Sloan) and the team could be bad. It depends on what kind of players you have to play for you.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I wouldn't say it's entirely the coaches fault, but they do have to take some of the responsibility. A good coach with a good team is better than a great coach with a lousy team, or a lousy coach with a great team.

But, I think the NBA, moreso than other pro sports, puts the blame on coaches to quickly.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I can say that some of it is the coaches fault, but they shouldn't jump the gun and say it is all their fault. I believe that it is all in the players mind about how good they are. They can really step it up if they wanted to. But the coaches can't get on the court and play for them, that is what players are for.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by travy51
I can say that some of it is the coaches fault, but they shouldn't jump the gun and say it is all their fault. I believe that it is all in the players mind about how good they are. They can really step it up if they wanted to. But the coaches can't get on the court and play for them, that is what players are for.

Yep, I agree with you 100%. :approve:

top topics

join