It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Rookie of the Year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Okay, I've been reading all this hype on nba.com about Okafor and Gordon being neck-and-neck in ROY voting and how Iguodala should be a distant third. I thought I'd throw that one out to everyone on this board because my boy Dwight Howard is getting HUGELY :angry-smiley-034: overlooked here. (No Magic fan bias here, I promise)

The way I see it, ROY voting should be as follows:

1: Okafor
2: Howard
3: Gordon
4: Iguodala

Until Luol Deng got injured, Ben Gordon wasn't even the best rookie on his team. And I've heard the talk about how his team wins more games...but have you seen the comparative supporting casts between him and Okafor? I mean come on! I think if Gordon gets ROY it's a travesty of justice to Okafor...and Howard should be voted in as second.

Thoughts?

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 04:25 AM
link   
In my opinion the Rookie of the Year is Emeka Okafor. He's led his team to 15 victories when many predicted them to not even win nine. He's averaging a double as the leader of an overachieving expansion team and he's been playing injured lately. Ben Gordan might get recognition for his fourth quarter explosions, but he doesn't play enough and isn't the entire focus of the opposing team long enough to be considered the top rookie.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I would have to largely agree. But the way that Howard has been playing all year, it is awesome because there is already a star (Francis) on the team but he still manages to put up the numbers. With the Bobcats, I have to give some big ups to them but it was mostly a team effort. Okafor gave it day in day out. But you have to remember the second leading assist man is on the team so that is how it is made possible. That does not explain the rebounds though. My personal opinion of the ROY is:
1. Howard
2. Okafor
3. Gordon (Don't like him)
3. Iguodala (Tie for third)

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I would just go with Okafor, and maybe Howard second, but Gordon will be a contender for the 6th man award, so I wouldn't go to him with the rook award...

new topics

top topics

join