It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Will Bobcats sign some bigger names?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
The Observer's Rick Bonnell reports that Phoenix's Joe Johnson, Philadelphia's Kyle Korver, Cleveland's Jeff McInnis, Sacramento's Darius Songalia and Seattle's Vladimir Radmanovic are among the free agents that the Bobcats could target in the offseason. This means that the Bobcats have some money to spend and I believe that in the offseason there is some good talent so you might as well do good with the money you are spending!

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
how soon until you think they'll be a playoff contendor, travy?

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Well i think they still have many years before that will ever happen. Maybe give them 5 or 6 years and they might be like Toronto, go from a bad bad team to a playoff contender. Let's see who they get in the draft first before we think about playoffs!

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I think the Bobcats might try and sign Kyle Korver in the off season. They could use any help they can find and Kyle is a young player that is still developing that can really help any team out. The Bobcats are looking for exactly that type of player, one that can develop with their young core and take attention away from their big men with fantastic outside shooting.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
In my opinion, Korver is not the greatest player. What does he do.....he sit around waiting for the ball, his defence lacks, he only takes three most of the time. He needs to develop a little more!

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Joe Johnson would be a good signing. One of the NBA's top 3-point shooters who can play at Guard or Small Forward. The only problem i can see, is he worth the the money they would have to pay to sign him? He is a good player but will he improve the team that much to warrant the sort of fee they would have to pay?

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Well Joe Johnson has been around the league for years and he is classified as a veteran. I think that his contract could be lowered if he knew that he could eventually be a star on the team. Like I said before, it all depends on the draft. They could draft a star or they could draft a bomb. But there are many good free agents out there, unrestricted or restricted. I think that they could really get back on track next season. Just let things play out this season, knowing that they aren't making the playoffs, have some fun and make sure you sign who they think can play. Don't sign someone that has only one skill. They need all around ability. Inside and outside game, good attitude, good defence, and everything in that area. If they get someone like that, things might seem to fall into place for the Bobcats!

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I think Johnson is too over-rated. I know he's on a team of scorers but he rarely seems to score with the consistency needed for a top-flight player. This includes before Nash & Q came to the Suns.

Korver's an interesting one because he is young and is starting to learn how to drive and dish a bit more. Now, if he can only learn some D...he could be great down the line

However I wouldn't pay Korver 'star money' yet...Johnson is borderline but better served as a role player.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I think one of the better players in the NBA is Shawn Marion because he is so under rated....They need someone like him..

top topics

join