It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: troubled trailblazers fire mo cheeks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
the portland trailblazers have fired coach mo cheeks, portland is a troubled franchise, several of the players have been in trouble on and off the court in the past few years...a stretch of 7 losses in 9 games that has portland in danger of missing the playoffs for the second straight year has sealed cheeks's fate with the team

sports.yahoo.com...;_ylc=X3o'___'BpNWZic251BF9TAzI1NjY0ODI1BHNlYwN0aA--?slug=ap-trailblazers-cheeks&prov=ap&type=lgns

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Mo was a great player, is a great guy, and was a pretty good coach, IMO. But this isn't much of a surprise, I remember rumor at the end of last year that he'd be let go.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Too bad to see Mo released, he is indeed a great guy. I had the pleasure of watching him play here in Philly for many years, he was a heck of a point guard. He was always classy too and did alot for the community.

I remember a couple years ago at a TrailBlazer game, the young girl singing the national anthem forgot the words and was totally stuck and was about to break down and cry. Mo Cheeks came over, put his arm around the girl and sung it with her, helping her with the words. Eventually the whole arena joined in as well.

Awesome gesture by Mo, if you've never seen it.........(click the pic)

www.nba.com...

[Edited on 3-2-2005 by ProudAmerican]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I remember that moment very well, it was actually before a playoff game. Classy move by a class act. I'm sure Mo will find work somewhere in the NBA, he'll be an asset wherever he goes.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I just saw a suggestion on PTI that the T-Wolves pick him up for the remainder of the season, I think that'd be a great fit.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
I just saw a suggestion on PTI that the T-Wolves pick him up for the remainder of the season, I think that'd be a great fit.

Yeah it sure would.

Not that he'd want to go backwards and be an assistant again, but I'd love to see him come back to Philly.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!

Not a bad idea, I'm sure McHale would rather be upstairs.

new topics

top topics

join