It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: The Shimmy is back in Beantown!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Antonie Walker rejoined Paul Pierce and Co. as a member of the Boston Celtics. However he will not be wearing his former #8 jersey when he was with the Celts because of an NBA rule which does not allow number changes in the middle of a season(rooke Al Jefferson currently holds the Celtics #8 jersey.) Welcome back and Shimmy away Antwon! :party-smiley-018:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I've never heard of that NBA rule before. I know they said that the Sixers Andre Igoudala was going to give up his #4 for Chris Webber and wear #9 for the remainder of the season.

I cant wait to see C-Webb's debut tomorrow night here in Philly against his former Kings.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Yeah, funny move with Walker back in Boston...

I'm with you, PA, I think I'm gonna have to root for the sixers in the playoffs, since the Jazz and the Wolves seem to be way out of it.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 02:34 AM
link   
That Walker trade has helped Boston so much. They have run away with the Atlantic Division crown it seems and are on their way to getting the second seed in the East because of the recent struggles. The new Celtics team with Walker is something to watch out for in the playoffs and could surprise a lot of people with how well they do.

PS - Walker got his old number eight back from Al Jefferson a couple games after he joined.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
yeah, Walker (back) to Boston has had a much larger impact than Webber to the sixers. Shame, but it is so. The Celts even look like they will give the Heat and Pistons a fight!

top topics

join