It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: preseason picks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
ok guys, time to make those preseason picks, who does everyone have? first off, i want to say that the clippers will make the playoffs this year, and chris wilcox is going to have a breakout year. yes, you heard it here first! as for my picks, let's have a little bit of fun this year. how about be put lebron and carmello in the championship together, denver vs. cleveland. and i'm gonna have to pick denver to win it this year. that's the craziest pick i ever made, but let's stick with it!

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I'll jump in with my 2 cents worth here, but it'll cost you $1.50 -

I've grouped the conferences up into my top teams, the also-rans, and the scrunge. As far as order goes, I think it's a toss-up, but this is as likely what you'll see at the end of the season as anyone else can predict. I feel confident that teams won't be changing from one group to another though.

In the East -

1. Detroit
2. New York
3. Indiana
4. Miami ---- Top Teams

5. Philadelphia
6. Milwaukee
7. New Jersey
8. Boston
9. Cleveland
10. Toronto ---- Tier 2

11. Orlando
12. Chicago
13. Atlanta
14. Charlotte
15. Washington ---- scrunge

In the West

1. Minnesota
2. San Antonio ---- Top Teams

3. Houston
4. Denver
5. Sacramento
6. Utah
7. Memphis
8. Dallas
9. New Orleans
10. Phoenix
11. LA Lakers
12. LA Clippers ---- Tier 2

13. Portland
14. Seattle
15. Golden State ---- scrunge

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
wow..no love for golden state or portland huh...i think you're gonna have to watch out for new orleans. i don't know about them over in the western conference. well see how well magloire plays. and do you really think the clippers will be ok?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
i like the pistons repeating this yera in the east, and houston somehow is going to fail miserably, while the wolves will take the west and show everybody how the west is won

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I would not be surprised to see the Clips do better than i've predicted, but the West is tough, man, it's tough. (I'ts hard work! - GWB)

Freak, I think you've got it right!

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
suns, suns, suns. the team that lost only 1 game this preseason is the team that u need to watch for. if they dont do it this year look for it w/in the next 2 or 3.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
q can't lead a team anywhere. and i don't think nash is a star without his big boys in dallas. i just don't know as though they have a clear leader right now.

new topics

top topics

join