It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Wolves Vs. Lakers

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
It appears he isn't going to play -
Cassell out story
If Minnesota can win thois one without him, then I see them winning it all. This one game may very well decide the champion this year.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Without Cassell? At LA? I think they're going to lose by 20.

Ben

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
well the t wolves are only down by 2 at halftime

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Lakers win! Who called it? That's right.

No, just kidding.

I was wrong actually. Props to the Wolves man. I thought they would get rolled this series but they pushed the Lakers to 6 even without Cassell. They played with a lot of heart this series.

With no Cassell, I thought they'd get blown away last night but they made the Lakers sweat there for a while. C'mon 4 fouls on Shaq early. You had to be liking Minnesota's chances then.

But as seems to be always the case these with these playoff games (in any sport really) it comes down to the unknown player. Derek Fisher last series. Kareem Rush and Slava Medvedenko this series. Stevie Kerr in last year's Western Conference Finals for the Spurs.

Ben

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
wolves just a tremoudous season all around

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Mulder
But as seems to be always the case these with these playoff games (in any sport really) it comes down to the unknown player. Derek Fisher last series. Kareem Rush and Slava Medvedenko this series. Stevie Kerr in last year's Western Conference Finals for the Spurs.

Now wait a second, Steve Kerr wasn't exactly an unknown last year...

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
he wasn't unknown but he didn't play more than about 20 total minutes in the playoffs last season before he came up big

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Yeah what I mean by unknown is a guy you least expect to step up because he hasn't been in the regular rotation or whatever.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Ah, I mis-understood you, but Steve hit a lot of big shots in his career, just the same.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join