It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Wolves Vs. Lakers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
Ben

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Western Conference Finals. Whos going to win?

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
i want the wolves to win sooooo bad....they have been my fav team in the west this year with sac being a close second. but unfortunately i think the lakers will prolly win

Ben

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
what makes everybody think that the Lakers are going to win

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
This is just too close to call. The Lakers have all the experience in the world, but are getting old. The Wolves have youth and the hunger needed to knock over a "favorite"

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Lakers in 4.

Malone gets his ring he richly deserves. Nice job, Karl.

I think Detroit will give the Lakers a fight in the NBA Finals but you would think with their championship experience, LA would be favored.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Lakers in 4? Seems unlikely with KG and Cassell in the form they're in. I think the Lakers might get taken to 7...but more likely 4-2 Lakers. I'd love to see the T-Wolves take the title though.

Ben

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I think the Wovles have a chance. First the are going to play zone a lot to help guard shaq, granted they wont ahve the bodies to always be on him.

But some matchups to look out for,

Sam i Am agaisnt Payton, sam needs to score at the position and help his team and same with sprewell ob Kobe.

Wally is going to be an important foactor as his scoring helped in game 7.

KG and Malone, Malone could be getting tired and KG could take advantage and score like he can and will do.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
This will be a great series, either way, and it will not be surprising to see either team win.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Lakers 97, Timberwolves 88 in Game 1 to take a 1 to 0 lead in the Western Conference Finals.

sports.espn.go.com...

Lakers are gonna sweep.

Ben

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
its only one game.

And plus the Wolves lost game 1 agaisnt the Kings and rebounded very nicely

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Good point, Ben. I fully expect this series to go 7 games, maybe even OT in the 7th...

Ben

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I think what the Wolves should do is take it game by game. What the Wolves should do is see what works game to game, and what changes they need to make. First all of they need to put more pressure on shaq, they did a good job on Kobe and PAyton along with Malone, but shaq was the deciding facotr. The wolves centers need to just set up and give the wolves time and some defense

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
They had it going good, tied at 67, but the Lakers hit 3 3 pointers, and the Wolves never really recovered from there. And Spreewell was a disappointment again, how many turnovers did he have?

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
its only one game.

This is true.

And plus the Wolves lost game 1 agaisnt the Kings and rebounded very nicely

This is true. But the Wolves better win tomorrow or this will be a short series indeed. Because actually in that last series against us, I think if the Kings had won Game 2 at Minnesota, I don't think the series would have been over like some said because Minnesota has the best road record in the league.

But I don't think that's going to work against the Lakers because the Lakers are too playoff proven tough to lose the series if they win the first 2 games at Minnesota.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Sam Cassell is gonna play through the pain, he's got the heart of a true champion -

Cassell plans to play Sunday

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
T-Wolves win game 2 to tie the series at 1-1!

There goes your sweep, Fox

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!:

There goes your sweep, Fox

Yup.

Impressive win by the Wolves. Lakers will probably still win in 5 though.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Mulder
Impressive win by the Wolves. Lakers will probably still win in 5 though.

Hey, give the 'Wolves a little bit o' respect, 6 games?

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Yeah seriously if you made me bet a lot of money I would play it safe and say Lakers in 6.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
How 'bout for $1.75?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join