It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Wolves Vs Kings

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Kings win!
Kings 87, Wolves 81.

Originally posted by Ben:

There is always a chance for new things and that new things is the Kings lossing 3 games in a row.

Bzzzz. Wrong, I told you the Kings DON'T lose 3 games in a row.

Don't get too cocky, Wolves' fans, this series isn't over yet.

Ben

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
do you think your kings have a chance?

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Well before the series started, I thought we would win. After we won Game 1, I was even more confident. Even after we choked away Game 2, I thought Kings got what they wanted (homecourt back in the series) from their first 2 games at Minnesota.

But after the Game 3 loss, I have to admit and I like to put it in these terms. If you made me bet a significant enough of money on it I would go with the Timberwolves.

Right now I would say if it goes 6 games the Timberwolves win in 6 because like the Kings, I don't see Minnesota losing 3 in a row.

But if the Kings can somehow get it to a 7th game, I like our chances.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
For me, the worst part of the game last night was that I fell asleep:yawn:

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!

yeah i stayed up...i love watching these 2 teams play

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osobad28

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!

yeah i stayed up...i love watching these 2 teams play

Yeah, but I've got an hour on you. Goo dthing tonight's game is gonna be over before midnight...

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The series will go 7 games... I say the Kings win by no more than 4. Series is tied 2-2. I say Kings win next go up 3-2, then choke in the last minutes of the next game to even the series, then webber and Peja win it in 7. I predicted pretty good with the Mavs, maybe it'll keep up here... Though I wouldn't mind a 4-2 series win for the Kings.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Anyways about Game 4.

Chris Webber was just money with the outside jumper last night. And the Kings probably played best defense they've played all year in that 2nd Quarter. The Timberwolves had at least 2 24-second violations that I counted.

I would say it was a good game but not a great game. Very sloppy. Both teams played good defense though. The Kings were better defensively in the 1st half. And the Kings came up big offensively during crunch time to win the game.

I was really frustrated early on though because the Kings didn't take advantage of all the Timberwolves' turnovers. We should have been up by a lot more than 11 at the break. We had a 16-point lead at one time in the 1st Half. The Kings almost regretted that because the Timberwolves made their run in the 3rd Quarter to tie the game I think it was at 53.

Ben

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
WOLVES WIN- beating the Kings at home to take a 3-2 games lead over the wolves.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Wolves have this series in the bag, the kings just looked off and just didnt want to win.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Sorry KG, but I wan't the Kings to come back and win this series; and I think they have the experience to do so.

The reason being I want them to win is:

What playoffs run is complete without a Kings-Lakers series?

You remember last year where the Lakers and Kings avoided eachother for the playoffs and both had disappointing runs. Ratings were awful, and the playoffs didn't seem to have any sort of edge to them. Whatever the outcome, Lakers-Kings is great for the league. LA with its massive bandwagon of fans, and Sacramento with its own fanbase plus a massive bandwagon of fans who just want LA to lose

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Kings win! holy cow did u guys see that elbow thrown by peeler....that looked like it was gonna be a UFC fight. I think garnett would wreck his # if they actually fought tho. Honestly i dont care who wins this series as i enjoy watching both teams. I just want to see a damn good game 7....and the lakers to go down in the next round lol

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Too bad it's not like the NHL, Garnett could have stood up for himself and whooped Peeler's a$$.

I was glad to see the Kings win though, they are still my pick to win it all although the T-Wolves look really good. Regardless, I hope the winner of game 7 of this series is able to beat the Lakers.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
104 to 87 Kings win to force a Game 7! Oh yeah, baby!
Because what a game. Even though the point differential was big it was still exciting if you got to watch it. Timberwolves blew out the Kings in Game 5. Kings come back and blow them out in 6.

I'm still pretty confident now that we've forced a Game 7. When the Timberwolves went on that 17 to 0 in the 1st Quarter, I thought our season would end in 6 like a lot predicted. But we fought back.

And now even though Minnesota will be favored the next game because of homecourt advantage and usually in these things the better defensive team comes through (and in this case it's Minnesota). I'm confident because this Minnesota team as a group has never played in a Game 7. I believe this is the Timberwolves first Game 7 in franchise history in fact. Let's see how they react to that pressure.

And about Peeler and Garnett. Dangit, Peeler! That was dumb, dumb, dumb by him.
The Kings are already without Bobby Jackson. With Peeler suspended for Game 7, Rick Adelman is going to have to go with Rodney Buford as the 3rd guard off the bench. Buford played well today so that should give him some confidence for the Game 7 I hope.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
It's funny... Every game I've watched, the Kings won, Every game I watched on ESPN.com, Wolves won. I'm gonna try n watch the game on Wendsday at my little bro's hospital room. Congrats to the KINGS who will kill the Lakers in the Semi-Finals

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Easy Kings fans, just because the Wolves haven't played in a game 7 before doesn't mean the Kings have an advantage. it's gonna be a great game, probably the best of this year's playoffs, but you gotta give the advantage to the wolves.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by GiantsFan:

It's funny... Every game I've watched, the Kings won, Every game I watched on ESPN.com, Wolves won. I'm gonna try n watch the game on Wendsday at my little bro's hospital room.

Hope your brother is going okay. Is it serious?

Anyways you see Chris Webber power up and tomahawk dunk on KG's mug yesterday? That was sweet!

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!:

Easy Kings fans, just because the Wolves haven't played in a game 7 before doesn't mean the Kings have an advantage.

And just because the Wolves are at home for Game 7 doesn't mean they're going to win. Or just because they're the Wolves doesn't mean they're going to win.

it's gonna be a great game,

Yes it will be.

probably the best of this year's playoffs,

I don't know. Anything would be hard to top Lakers at Spurs, Game 5 at this point.

but you gotta give the advantage to the wolves.

Well I said in my last post in this thread they'd be favored. I wouldn't be surprised if they won Game 7. But I wouldn't be surprised if the Kings won Game 7 either. That's all I'm saying, that you shouldn't be surprised if either team won this game.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
And I wont' be, either way. I'm just pullin for the team I like better.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cannon:

Sorry KG, but I wan't the Kings to come back and win this series; and I think they have the experience to do so.

The reason being I want them to win is:

What playoffs run is complete without a Kings-Lakers series?

You remember last year where the Lakers and Kings avoided eachother for the playoffs and both had disappointing runs. Ratings were awful, and the playoffs didn't seem to have any sort of edge to them. Whatever the outcome, Lakers-Kings is great for the league. LA with its massive bandwagon of fans, and Sacramento with its own fanbase plus a massive bandwagon of fans who just want LA to lose

Good points, Cannon.

I would have to say the Lakers are too hot for either Minnesota or Sacramento to take them down at this point.

But I think the Kings could give a more competitive Western Conference Finals than Minnesota.

And I'll tell you why too, the problem is after Kevin Garnett, who do the Timberwolves have inside?

Ervin Johnson? Yeah right.

Michael Olowokandi? You've got to be kidding me.

At least the Kings can throw out Webber, Divac, Miller and even Darius Songaila is someone I'd take over the Timberwolves' big men (with the exception of KG).

I think the Lakers would sweep or take down Minnesota in 5.

Ben

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Wolves are wining this series, and are going to give the lakers a run for their money, why?

They have home court advantage over everybody but the pacers. And KG is hot and is the big ticket, he can gaurd shaq, and i fell he is a better presenece agaisnt him than webber.

but first tonight, the wolves and kigns big showdown, both teams heated both teams wnat the win, whos going down?
Kings are without 2 SG's and thats going to hurt their depth

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join