It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Wolves Vs Kings

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!:

and there are at least 4 rings on the fingers of thier players. They've got the experience...

Yeah only one player though. Cassell has 2 rings. Madsen didn't have anything to do with his 2 rings.

I'm not afraid of the Timberwolves. I think we'll take them down. The Spurs is another story.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Time will tell, man

Ben

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
when is the next game

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Saturday night, I'm gonna miss
it, i'll be camping

Ben

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
how come the games are so far apart

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Because the NBA and David Stern wants to show as many games on primetime TV as possible.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Yeah, it's all about the money...

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by freak29:

Wolves were in the first ever roound 2 they are just nervous

I think there is some validity to that. Yeah, Sprewell and Cassell have been far in the playoffs but there's something to be said about going far in the playoffs as a team. And this is the first year with this new nucleus.

I think it showed in Game 1 with KG's subpar performance and Sprewell didn't even look to shoot the ball in the 2nd half. Cassell showed up as the only one of the "Big Three" with rings and it showed with his 40.

Originally posted by Ben:

Dont get ahead of yourselves Kings Fans, the Wolves are the best team in teh West. I dont think the series is to be taken lightely and to win in 6 is a huge statement for sure this sereis is going 7

I don't think we're getting ahead of ourselves. We're just as confident that we're going to win this series as Minnesota fans are their team is going to win this series.
I never said this series would be easy. It won't be. It'll be long and hard fought and I'll go with Kings in 7.

Anyways tonight.

I expect the Wolves to come out on fire and with desperation in their eyes as a lot of people really think they need this game. I would tend to agree but like I said before the Kings are winless at Arco this year against Minnesota so I don't know how much of a must-win this game really is as the Timberwolves could come into Arco and win two.

With Bibby and Cassell, I expect the Timberwolves to do something different with that this time like put Hassell on Bibby to start with. That's where we need Peja Stojakovic to come up and show up big time.

And nice of Vlade Divac to finally show up for the playoffs in Game 1. 10 points in the 1st Quarter.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Well... it's 63-66 Minnesota with a little over 3 minutes left.. they were down by 10 at half... Peja is shooting well... as well as webber. It seems as though a new guys every night steps up. It was Bibby last game, peja and webber this game, so I guess Christie will be the next guy?

Ben

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
WOLVES WIN, in a comeback in the final 4 mintues, to even the series at one game a piece, Cassel led the wolves to the victory shooting well in the final mintues. and kg was great with 28 points and 11 boards.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The Wolves come alive in the second round...I hear the game was a great one, one of my buddies who isn't even much of a basketball fan said so

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Now that was a true choke job in the very sense of the word.

10 point lead. 4 and 1/2 minutes left in the game.

What really sucks is Minnesota was choking too. The Kings just outchoked them.

Minnesota had a 14 point lead early in the ballgame. On the verge of making it a blowout.

And then Cassell misses 1 of 2 free throws and Sprewell misses 2 of 2, but the Kings just couldn't get the defensive rebound.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
It's okay they choked... every team does it 1 or 2 times in the playoffs. It's back in Sac though, so I'm hoping the Kings will pull this off. maybe a win can cheer me up.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The T-wolves pulled on eout last night at Sacramento, 114-113 in OT. What a great game, and a great series, I actually like both of these teams

Ben

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
thats 3 straight wins in Sacto and its going to keep coming, and the wolves show no fear right now. KG has been dominate hitting those big shots, some questionable calls near the end but after looking at them omre they were the right ones

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Kings just have to move on and forget about those last 2 games.

Kings haven't lost 3 straight games since like January of 2003 when they lost to Utah, Milwaukee, and the Lakers. I don't think they're going to start now.

I think we'll win Game 4 but if you made me put money on it, I don't think we're going to win the series now.

I actually don't hate Minnesota as much as I hate Dallas so at least if we go out this round, I can say we took out the sissy Mavericks with us.

[Edited on 05/12/2004 by Fox Mulder]

Ben

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The next game is tonight, and look for the wolves to win again, t hey cant be stop they have confidence something that is very important in playing on the road

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Ben, your Timberwolves are going down tonight.

The Kings haven't lost 3 straight games in a long time and they aren't starting tonight. Now having said that, if they do lose 3 straight, they're losing 4 straight because if they lose tonight this series isn't going back to Sacramento for a Game 6 on Sunday afternoon.

How about KG's game-winning shot in Overtime in Game 3? 3 Kings around him and he still gets it to roll down.

Ben

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
KG hit big shots all game long, and was able to lead his team when they needed him the most.

There is always a chance for new things and that new things is the Kings lossing 3 games in a row.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
It's time for a change in the West, Wolves in 6 games...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join