It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Lakers beat down the Kings all day long

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Ok tell me this why do Kings fans try and smack talk about the lakers when they haven't won anything but division titles?

I see it as those fans being stupid because all they're doing is making big fools out of themselves. Lakers have won 3 championship rings from 2000, 2001, and 2002, and the Kings fans believe that they're so superior over the Lakers. It's crazy. Please Kings fans whenever you beat the Lakers and actually win something that counts, I'll respect your team. Until then, talk is cheap and the way you perform on a basketball court with consistency, and teamwork is what will bring you a world championship.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Well... then yoiud better get prepared... Cuz the Kings are gonna whoop the Lakers ass this year... Like they did in that game at the end of the seaon.

Ben

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
how do you figure the kings are going to win

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Patience, kids!

Me thinks that both teams have to make it out of the first round before they meet each other, these things are not guaranteed just yet.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I'm picking the Kings to win it all this year and I see them taking out the Lakers if they meet.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
the kings????to win it all????ahahahahah

what about the timberwolves who are a complete team and san antonio who year after year prove how great they are.....the kings arent bad but they flat out dont have what it takes to make it through the western conference playoffs. They have to beat dallas first which may even give them problems. Now would anyone else consider this years lakers the most underperforming team EVER. If they win the NBA championship I will eat my words but up until now they have been pathetic in my eyes. With Kobe, Shaq, Malone, and the glove ont he floor they should be not only the best offensive team but absolutely the best defensive team which they are obviously not.

TRD

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
To establish an rivalry, both teams have to have won at one point or another.When it really matters the most.

The Lakers have completely, totally dominated the Kings. Kings have never beaten the Lakers when it counts, therefore ITS NOT A RIVALRY.For the kings to win it all that's just plain shyte talking.

Now the TWolves hahaha so tell me what has the TWolves done besides racking up numerous numbers of consecutive first round exits?

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
that was in the past were talking current teams here buddy. The wolves are a new team and are very very dangerous....look at their track record this year against LA, Sac, SA...its amazing

TRD

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Who said i was talking current?

I was talking past,i don't watch it no more so i wouldn't know but i take you word for it..

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I do feel bad for my Kings right now... they have the hardest series out of anybody... Name one series tougher than the kings-Dallas one.. There is none. The lakers can take the rockets easy, Spurs over Grizzlies, Pacers and boston... These series are easy as hell. The Kings and Mavs have it tough... they're two really good teams playing each other... everyone is having a first-round series, except for Dallas and Sacramento who have it much harder.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
lakers/rockets is not "easy". it should be. the lakers have won two of the games with last second antics, and in my opinion got lucky.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
the Miami/New Orleans series is a pretty close match up, too. Not that either team really has a chance, though

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
TRD, I've been posting on this board a long time and I've never ever talked trash as a Kings' fan concerning anybody even the Lakers. I just wanted to say that.

Originally posted by TRD:

To establish an rivalry, both teams have to have won at one point or another.When it really matters the most.

And 2nd this is totally, totally wrong. If that's true then Yankees-Red Sox is no rivalry either because the Red Sox never, ever beat the Yankees when it counts the most.

So if Kings-Lakers isn't a rivalry neither is Red Sox-Yankees.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Mulder
And 2nd this is totally, totally wrong. If that's true then Yankees-Red Sox is no rivalry either because the Red Sox never, ever beat the Yankees when it counts the most.

So if Kings-Lakers isn't a rivalry neither is Red Sox-Yankees.
I've hear many, many people say just that, Yanks-Sox is not a rivalry.

Personnally, though, I'd have to say that both of them actually are rivalries. It's not so much about the teams as how much the fans hate the other teams

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
It's not so much about the teams as how much the fans hate the other teams

that sounds about right

TRD

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Mulder
TRD, I've been posting on this board a long time and I've never ever talked trash as a Kings' fan concerning anybody even the Lakers. I just wanted to say that.

Yep i know

Nothing like a bit of smack to get people talking though

""It's not so much about the teams as how much the fans hate the other teams""

That is so true!!!

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I'm just going to put it this way:

Even when the Kings have played better than the Lakers every time they meet (which has been often), they generally lose their composure when the game counts and pick up a couple technicals late in the game....they allow the Lakers to beat them and rarely close out any of the games. This has been the formula for every Laker victory over the last few seasons.

The Kings defense is worse than the Lakers this year, which is sad.

The Kings offense is handicapped by a hobbling Webber, who has no lift whatsoever to hit his shots consistently.

The Kings blew out the Lakers at the end of the season and promptly lost the next game to the Warriors. The Kings lost a 5 game lead for first place in the Pacific to the Lakers, got it back, and promptly lost to the Warriors(or was that Denver?) AGAIN on the last game of the season to allow LA to overcome them again.

This team has no ability to play in the clutch, other than a couple of Mike Bibby miracle three pointers earlier in the season.

The last championship for the Lakers was a gift from the Kings, who missed quite a few free throws during that great Western Conference Finals that year, not to mention shot quite a few wide open shots into airballs.

Thanks Kings.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Oh and even if the Kings don't meet the Lakers this year they will promptly collapse against the Spurs. That is, if they can beat the Timberwolves.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
That Lakers-Kings series was when they became my favorite team. I loved any team that beat down on the lakers. And I saw a team that did this very well. The Kings would have won the championship if not for Horry's last second shot. But even so. Who said it has to be Bibby with the 3? What about Peja? They can get the ball to Miller for 2 if they have to. when Bobby jackson comes back, which I'm sure he won't, the series would be over. with Jackson, Bibby, Webber, Christie, and Peja(Maybe Miller), The Championship would be theirs. I fear the T-wolves the most out of any team in the WC right now.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by GiantsFan
I fear the T-wolves the most out of any team in the WC right now.

As you should.

They do have some off games. Bu tI think that the Wolves are the most complete team in the West. I think it'll be tough for anyone to beat them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join