It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Kings slidding

page: 1

join
share:
Ben

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Are the kings taking themselves out of the playoffs, with this skid of theirs?

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I'm sure its just an adjustment period to getting Webber back in the lineup. They have to change from having a smooth offense running through everyone to an offense that basically runs all of its plays through a jump shooter...at least he hasn't come back during the playoffs.

They'll be fine come playoff time, although the defense doesn't seem to have improved a bit.

I think the biggest issue regarding Webber is whether he will be back last season...it's always sad when there are a handful of fans that will boo such a great player, not giving him a bit of time to round into shape. If they must trade him no doubt they could get someone great to fill his shoes though....who wouldn't want Chris Webber?

[Edited on 04/10/03 by Cannon]

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Good points, Cannon.

The thing with Webber is the offense has been carrying this team all year before he came back and now with him back it's gotten stagnant.

Originally posted by Cannon:

I'm sure its just an adjustment period to getting Webber back in the lineup. They have to change from having a smooth offense running through everyone to an offense that basically runs all of its plays through a jump shooter...at least he hasn't come back during the playoffs.

They'll be fine come playoff time, although the defense doesn't seem to have improved a bit.

Now defensively I thought the Kings would be better with Webber because he could help seal the middle. Instead it's gotten worse, because Webber's horrible getting back in transition defense and everybody is going around him in the paint.

Having said that I think the Kings have no chance to win a title without Webber but right now I don't think they can win with him either. What the Kings need is time and unfortunately it's running out because the regular season is about to end.

new topics

join