It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Awards for the 2004 season

page: 1

join
share:
Ben

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Who is the rookie of the year

MVP

so on and so forth

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
These are the players I feel deserve the awards.

MVP
Tim Duncan

MIP
Zach Randolph

ROY
Carmelo Anthony

6th Man
Antawn Jamison

COY
Jerry Sloan

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
MVP

Why Tim Duncan, KG has lead his team and i feel has the better stats all around.

ROY

Carm, by far, but lebron isnt to far behind. Carm just has had a better year, and its because he was in the college league, and won a championship there.

Ben

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
KG can get it done, but there are a lot of players who are important to their team, and have made strong points as to why they should be the MVP

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
MVP - no doubt, it's Garnett, he's the man

Rook- I'm leaning more towards 'Melo, but that Dwyane Wade has been impressive, too

Coach - Sloan deserves it, but won't get it. I'm biased here, Utah's my team, but, C'mon, no Stockton, no Malone, and they still should make the playoffs? Does anyone even know who's playing there?

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
MVP = Garnett
ROY = Lebron
Coach= my heart wants Jerry Sloan, but Hubie Brown would be a good choice as well.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by godfather602
MVP

Why Tim Duncan, KG has lead his team and i feel has the better stats all around.

Because I feel that Duncan has more of an impact in a game and he is the more valuable player although the stats don't show it.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
You can say the same thing about Garnett, plus he has the better stats as well.

Garnett easily is the most hyped player this season by the news media over his leadership qualities...seriously, new teammates Cassel and Sprewell have never exactly been known to be nice personalities in a clubhouse, especially one that loses. His ability to get these two to work well together (in smaller roles) and enjoy it, ESPECIALLY since they struggled at the beginning of the season, proves his worth to his team.

Duncan's teammates are basically a bunch of role players with good attitudes, not to mention that they played well in the few weeks that he was injured this year (which also plays a factor in MVP voting, mind you, which is also a reason Shaq doesn't have more than one MVP)

There is no doubting Duncan's impact, but Garnett simply has more this year.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Looks like 'Bron-bron has it tied up -

www.sportsline.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
It's official now -

link

Ben

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Does everybody agree with the decision of Anothny over James

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
You coudl easily argue either way, but Lebron accomplished what he did with a team of young players was more impressive than what 'Melo did with a team that has several veteran players who have made the playoffs in the past.

Not to take anything away from Carmelo, he's great, and will have a fine career, but I feel LeBron's just awesome!

Ben

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Soory i thought Carmelo had won but in fact James did my mistake.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Hubie wins coach

link

I woulda rather seen it go to Jerry Sloan, but you can't argue with the records.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
KG, the Wolves are nothing without him. He sits for 3 minutes during a game, the other team goes on a 15-2 run. He plays, the Wolves win.

My vote goes to KG. But I am a little biased.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Zach Randolph gets most improved -

link

[Edited on 4/23/2004 by Gibbs Baby!!!]

Ben

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
hubie as coach of the year is well deserved, he turned this ball club around completely

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Antawn Jamison wins sixth man award

www.sportsline.com...

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The MVP is likley KG's -

MVP link

top topics

join