It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Rumors and Ideas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 01:57 AM
link   
So here's a rumor:

Espn.com reports that the Nets could send Kenyon Martin and Dikembe Mutumbo to the Blazers for Rasheed Wallace and Ruben Patterson.

What do you guys think of that?

[Edited on 8/11/2003 by Fox Mulder]

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 12:57 PM
link   
That sounds like a good trade for the Nets, although it seems that their main purpose of going through with this would be to dump salary...

Lets focus on the small names right now:

-Mutombo certainly isnt worth his huge contract right now, past his prime

-Patterson has gotten in legal trouble but showed during the Blazers vs. Mavericks series that he can get dirty, score some points if he has to.

Advantage: Nets for getting rid of Mutombo's salary and getting a cheaper, more effective (and younger)player

Now for the big names:

-Martin is a physical defender and scorer. In the Eastern Conference. He is quite physical. In the Eastern Conference.

-Wallace can defend and is sort of a streaky scorer. He is very physical and has somewhat calmed down this season. He has shown that he has western-conference toughness.

Advantage: Even, because Martin scores more consistently. Wallace has a couple inches and western conference experience on him though

Martin was shut down at times during the Finals against the Spurs.

[Edited on 04/10/03 by Cannon]

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I heard on the radio today that the Pacers could trade Ron Artest to the Sonics for Brent Barry.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Ron Artest is a bit better than Barry in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Mulder
So here's a rumor:

Espn.com reports that the Nets could send Kenyon Martin and Dikembe Mutumbo to the Blazers for Rasheed Wallace and Ruben Patterson.

What do you guys think of that?

[Edited on 8/11/2003 by Fox Mulder]

this would absolutely piss off jason kidd....ron artest is a completely different player from brent barry altogether, so thats kind of a strange trade.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osobad28:

ron artest is a completely different player from brent barry altogether, so thats kind of a strange trade.

Yeah, Ron Artest would give Seattle toughness and I guess Brent Barry is the kind of all around offensive player that Larry Bird would like at Indiana.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I'd much rather have Artest, even though he has some what (or did) of an explosive temper, it shows you his intensity, he plays to win, and if that entails a cheap, hard, foul, then thats the price he'll pay

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Rumor I heard on the radio yesterday.

Rasheed Wallace to Dallas for Antawn Jamison and Tariq Abdul-Wahad.

Go ahead and make that deal. I still won't be afraid of Dallas even if they make that deal.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Mulder
Rumor I heard on the radio yesterday.

Rasheed Wallace to Dallas for Antawn Jamison and Tariq Abdul-Wahad.

I heard the same thing, right now they're saying it's got a 50/50 chance of being done.

"The NBA's trade deadline is a month away, but the most anticipated deal of the trading season could be completed by the end of the weekend, according to league sources.

At the very least, sources say, Dallas and Portland are motivated to bring some sort of finality to their ongoing discussions instead of letting speculation continue to smother their players from now until the Feb. 19 trading buzzer. That resolution would come in the form of a trade that sends Antawn Jamison and Tariq Abdul-Wahad to Portland for Wallace or a decision by one or both parties to end the talks and attempt to move on with their seasons."

FULL STORY ------> sports.espn.go.com...

The two teams are playing tonight in Portland with the Blazers up 68-59 at the half. Wallace has missed the past 4 games with a "sprained ankle" and wasnt expected to play but he had 14 points in 19 minutes of the first half tonight. Antwan Jamison has 10 at the break.

*Hey FoxMulder, do we need to remind everyone that Wallace and Jamison are former Tarheel standouts and students of Dean "Michelangelo" Smith.

[Edited on 18-1-2004 by ProudAmerican]

Ben

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I thought that the Kincks were trying to go after Wallace.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The NBA trade deadline is still a month away.

Do you foresee any blockbuster trades being made? That Wallace for Jamison looks like it might happen, that would be a pretty major trade.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican:

*Hey FoxMulder, do we need to remind everyone that Wallace and Jamison are former Tarheel standouts and students of Dean "Michelangelo" Smith.

Hehe.
There are so many great Tar Heels' players. I just love Deano and will always miss him on the sidelines. This is the first year I won't miss him as much because I have so much faith in Roy Williams.

Great pictures by the way. The Tar Heels are the only ones that can make baby blues look good on a uni.

[Edited on 1/18/2004 by Fox Mulder]

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
i would like to think that it would happen the mavs need that big dude in there lineup and he can crash the boards like no other

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I think the Mavericks need a big dude too but I don't think Rasheed is a great fit.

Yeah he has post moves inside but he takes too many threes for a big guy.

And he's not going to help you much out on the defensive end of the court inside, where the Mavericks really need help.

Ben

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
according to ESPN, the mavs and blazers were close to having the deal done when all of a sudden blazerz onwer called teh deal off. Wnating to keep Wallace.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I don't understand that deal from the Blazers' standpoint.

Antawn Jamison has a big, long contract and I thought Portland was trying to clear some cap room.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Jamison is a good player and has been a great addition ot the mavs i dont get why htey wnat to get rid of him

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
supposdely the Trailblazer offered Wallace a 4 year contract extension, and Rashead turned it down.

Ben

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
does this mean he might actually be traded? Cause now the owner knows he doesnt want to be there.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I'd either trade him at the trading deadline so they can get the most for him or let him go in the Summer to get Salary Cap space.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join