It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Boston Celtics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The Boston Celtics re-signed backup centre Mark Blount to a multiyear contract Wednesday.

"He provided us great energy last year in games and in practice, and gave us quality shot blocking and rebounding," said Danny Ainge, the Celtics head of basketball operations. "We feel that Mark is still improving as a player."

The Celtics first signed the seven-foot, 250-pound Blount as a free agent before the 2000-01 season. He played 64 games as a rookie, averaging 3.9 points and 3.6 rebounds while leading the team in blocked shots with 76.

Blount was reacquired by the Celtics last year in a trade with Denver. In 27 games, he averaged 4.4 points and 4.6 rebounds in 19.2 minutes.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 12:57 AM
link   
You guys seen Vin Baker lately?

Oh man! He's slimmed down.

I couldn't believe it. And he's contributing too.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I dont think teh Celts are going to be as good without Walker in their lineup. Look at what he is going more the Mavs now.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by freak29:

Look at what he is going more the Mavs now.

Yeah Nellie sure loves those point forwards.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I don't really like Walker much, but yes, they probably were better off with him. I hear he was somewhat of a jerk to his teammates at time though.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 07:05 PM
link   
You know what last year's Vin Baker reminded me of? Shawn Kemp -- THey were both impact big men, who jut went bad. At least Baker is donig well now tho, kemp is too busy with his like 22 illegitimate children and fatty foods to play ball;.

Ben

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The trouble for the Celts just keeps getting worse. Celtics head coach Jim O'Brian resigns as the head coach due to philiophical differences.

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Brian can go and coach in New Jersey, he is one hella of a coach.

Who should replace him in boston?

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Ainge is driving this team into the ground.

Ben

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
what happened to this team? Last year they were a playoff contender, and now enough said

top topics

join