It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Larry Brown to Pistons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Brown, Pistons reportedly have 5-year, $25 million deal

DETROIT -- Larry Brown will be introduced as the coach of the Detroit Pistons at a news conference Monday, a source within the league said.

Brown reached an agreement on a long-term deal to succeed fired coach Rick Carlisle, the source, speaking on the condition of anonymity, told The Associated Press on Saturday.

ESPN reported Saturday that Brown had not made a decision yet at that time, and that he was expected to choose between Detroit and Houston within the next 72 hours.

Brown resigned as coach of the Philadelphia 76ers on Monday after six seasons.

I'm sad to see Larry leave Philly, he's a great coach. He'll do well in Detroit, they already have a great team and a #2 draft pick so I think he'll help them tremendously.

Osobad, you must be thrilled. I guarantee the Pistons improve their record next year, and Carlisle did a good job.

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The Cleveland Cavaliers offered their coaching position to Paul Silas, and he will accept the job possibly as soon as Monday, league sources told ESPN.com.

That lines up Silas, who was fired by the New Orleans Hornets on May 4, to be LeBron James' first pro coach.

Sources said that Silas is the Cavaliers' choice after the club conducted two interviews each with Silas and ex-New York Knicks coach Jeff Van Gundy.

ESPN.com reported Friday that Silas was the Cavs' leading candidate entering the weekend, despite persistent speculation that Van Gundy was mulling over a lucrative offer. Van Gundy, who along with Silas has also interviewed with the Houston Rockets, said Thursday that a return to coaching next season was only 50-50.

espn.go.com...

I should have named this thread "Coaching carousel"

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The number of available coaching jobs seems extremely inflated this year compared to most years....is it?

I cant wait till next season so I can watch Detroit blossom

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 06:44 PM
link   
There is talk here in detroit that the reason we went and fired carlisle is because carlisle told dumars that he wanted to go to the charlotte franchise next year! Pretty interesting

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Yes, there are or were 9 coaching vacancies this year.

Of the teams that have no coaches, Houston and Detroit are definitely the most attractive I think.

top topics

join