It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: NJ Nets vs. Detroit - Eastern Conf Final

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Game 1

J Kidd with a huge shot at the buzzer, Nets up 1-0 in this series. Do you think Detroit can come back and win this series?

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I think Nets in 6.

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Nets win Game 2. What do you think of the controversial last shot? That was a great defensive play by J Kidd and a good no-call by the ref. I thought Detroit had this game.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I am unhappy with the way detroit is playing. I think there was contact at the beginning of the shot, but only because chauncy leaned into kidd's arms while shooting(good no call). New Jersey has this one in the bag folks...kiss detroit goodbye

Ben

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I wouldn't get to confident that the series is over. NJ has to play the same great basketball to win this series. If i know detriot they won't let the Nets run all over them the next two games. They are going to make the Nets work for the series. It was a great no-call when the play first happened i thought that J-Kidd foulded him, and like the announcers were saying there was no call, but after watching the replay's there was very little contact or no contact, it wasnt enough to call 3 foul shots.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I agree that there was no foul on that last shot. That was a Kobe Bryant trick he tried; using a pump fake to get someone in the air and then creating the contact to get a foul. Thing is, Kidd didn't get in the air: he just stood there arms up.

It is just so hard to find any positives for Detroit right now. They struggle to produce offense away from home-court, and now have lost not only home-court but the first two games at home.

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 12:25 AM
link   
What do you guys think about the no-call on Jon Barry?

I thought Jon got mugged on that play.

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 12:48 PM
link   
yea barry got killed...there definately should have a been a foul called there. When they showed the replay it was blatantly obvious

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 06:42 PM
link   
but can you really rely on the refs to win a game? Nope, you have to play through it.

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 08:21 PM
link   
the refs # up calls all the time. I was really pissed at all the technical fouls called in the spurs/mavericks game. The refs are getting power trips or something

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   
SWEEP! 4-0 Nets, on to the finals. I'm not a big Nets fan, but I would like to see an Eastern Conference team win it.

top topics

join