It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: 76ers vs. Pistons - 2nd Rd.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 01:13 AM
link   
What do you think of this series? Detroit looked really good in their game 7 win over Orlando today, especially Ben Wallace. The Sixers are playing well also, Iverson has been really hot, scoring 45 in their game 6 clincher over the Hornets. I think the Sixers will win this series in 6.

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I agree. The Sixers will most likely win this one in six.

Ben

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Personally i like the 76ers in 7. Both teams are playing solid. And the Pistons look like the number 1 seed finally. Ben looks to be healthy and they need him in order to win. AI is playing amazing and is going to need to play amazing to win this series he needs his players around him to step up big time. I wonder what kindof defensive plays that are going to run to shut down AI. They did a great job shutting down T-Mac.

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I think that if the pistons play the way they have their last 3 games, they will take out philly without really much of a problem. If they play just average or go back to playing #ty, they wont win because I dont see philly playing bad basketball this round.

Ben

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Even if AI shots bad he is such a good passer, that he will set his teammates up with easier shots and they will knock them down all day. But AI should get 30 points a game, and maybe some double-doubles- or a triple-double.

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Sixers in 6, just a little less defense but a lot more firepower

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I'll go with Sixers in 7.

Ben

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 07:54 AM
link   
The Pistons came out and played some solid defense. And as usuall Ben Wallace didn't allow any easy buckets down low. AI was cold along with Van Horn. If the 76ers are going to win this series they are going to need Van Horn to hit his shots.

Billups left the game early with an ankle sprain I wonder how serious this will be?

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Detroit looked good in game 1 against the Sixers, Billups injury could hurt them. AI was off and Van Horn wasnt very good either. Its so frustrating with VanHorn's size, he isnt physical at all, he missed three or four layups because he didnt take the ball up strong. Big Ben is quite a force in the middle.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 12:33 AM
link   
snow and billups both had ankle sprains of some sort, and they havent said if either will play next game for sure. It seems alot of you underestimate the pistons...

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osobad28
It seems alot of you underestimate the pistons...

I think people have been underestimating the Pistons all year and I think they feed off that. They are a very good team, they just dont have any flashy all stars.Ben is an all star, he is such a big presence in the middle. They play great team defense led by Big Ben and if they're hitting their shots they're tough to beat. If they're off offensively, that is another story.

Ben

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I do underestiamte the Pistons don't get me wrong they are a good team, they win game by the defense. But when their scorecs can't score how are they suppossed to win games. Billups might be out for game 2 and this could really hurt the Pistons. Ben is an all-star but he mainly gets his work done on the defensive side of the ball, and doesn't really score that many points. If Billiups is gone i wonder who will step it up for the Pistons. Snow might be out of game 2 win a bad foot, but it won't hurt the 76ers that much. It would be different if it was AI. Snow is a great player and it would hurt the 76ers.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Another win for the Pistons at home, my 76ers aren't looking too good. Iverson got his points (31), but they need other guys to help out on the offensive end. VanHorn is so inconsistent. Rip Hamilton did a good job on Iverson, especially in the fourth quarter. How about this rookie T Prince?? He had 20 points and made some huge shots in the 4th qtr just at the shot clock.

So far, I think Detroit's defense has been the difference in the series. Iverson is usually gonna get his 30 +/- , but Detroit is shutting everyone else down. The Sixers better get their game together when they come home for game 3 or they'll be golfing with the Flyers. Go Sixers!!!

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Iverson needs to play as well as he did during the 2001 playoffs in order for the 76ers to advance.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cannon
Iverson needs to play as well as he did during the 2001 playoffs in order for the 76ers to advance.

I agree, and he needs a little offensive help like he got in their 2001 run to the finals.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 11:47 PM
link   
i am still in awe from the great basketball out of prince, he is playing better and better every game. AI needs help. Van Horn isnt doing his job good enough. The thing with Detroit is that there is no main scorer which alot of people think is really bad, but if 4 out of 5 players on the court can score 20+ points a game than how do you guard them effectively? Thats what has been hurting alot of teams.

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The Sixers really need to step up and have a huge game tonight in front of the home crowd to get back in this series. AI has to lead the way and he's going to need some offensive support. They need to do a better job of luring Big Ben out of the lane, cause man is he good down low.

GO SIXERS!!!

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Huge win for the Sixers tonight, AI played well along with some other guys that stepped up like Derrick Coleman. If they can pick up where they left off in tomorrow's game, they should be able to tie the series up going back to Detroit and then its anyone's series. Go Sixers!!!

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Osobad, I just saw your mood, "Fear the Fro", LMAO!!
I wonder how he decides if he wears the afro or the corn rows, most athletes are superstitious.

Ben

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Great game by the 76ers. This was a must win as i don't think that they would have been able to come 3 to 1 down and win the series, especially agaisnt Wallace and this defense just to good. AI played great good to see them win.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join