It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Spurs vs. Suns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 02:52 PM
link   
"Two banked 3-pointers, the second by Stephon Marbury at the buzzer in OT, gave the Suns an unlikely win." What a shot that was by Marbury, I didn't think it had a prayer. Lets face it though, the possible league MVP Tim Duncan missed three free throws in the last 15 seconds. If he had made at least one of those, they would have gone to overtime. Do you think this hurt the Spurs, now that they lost their home court advantage? Stoudamire played pretty well for the Suns, did you see that dunk over the Admiral?

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I saw the game and it was awesome. That last second 3 pointer to win the game was spectacular. I was jumping up and down on the couch I couldn't believe it!!

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Phoenix definitely has a good chance against the Suns, considering how they match up. The rookie Stoudamire definitely matches well against Tim Duncan.

Also, if the Spurs can't make clutch free throws or shots like they didn't in yesterday's game, they won't last past the second round.

Ben

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
This game was a heartbreaker for the Spurs, in my mind they dominated the game, until the last minute. I still can't believe he made that shot, it was pretty amazing. Like Cannon said if the Spurs can't make shots in the clutch how are they supposed to win the games. I didn't think that Stoudamire would play that well agaisnt Duncan.

Ben

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The Spurs had a horrible shooting night, but they were still able to come away with a victory. The Spurs players hit the shots that they needed to at key times. At the beginning of the game, the Spurs were ice cold, Duncan gave them open looks but they were not able to put them down. In the second half when they trialed they finally were able to hit some shots and win the game. The Spurs escaped with a win but it was a hard fought contest.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 01:50 AM
link   
That was impressive considering it was without David Robinson and Kevin Willis.

Ben

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 08:10 AM
link   
yea the win was very impressive i would love to see the Lakers play the Spurs sometime soon, maybe the next round if that could happen. Or if the lakers lose to the Wolves it still is very good. The spurs are the best team in the leauge in my mind, but the kings are very close to being the best also, i would love to see this match-up in the conference finals. Both teams are very deep in the lineup.

[Edited on 4/24/2003 by Ben]

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben:

yea the win was very impressive i would love to see the Lakers play the Spurs sometime soon, maybe the next round if that could happen.

Yeah that's why I'm rooting real hard for the Spurs this series because imagine if Phoenix upset them

The Lakers would get a free ride to the Western Conference Finals.

Ben

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The Suns were able to pull out a victory in Phenoix to even up the series. Good game, and i nice job by the Suns to come back from being 10 points down. The Suns won this game but i dont expect them to win another game.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 06:03 PM
link   
What a great game! I don't think the Suns will win the series, but I would't bet against this going to a game 7. The Suns just match up well against the Spurs physically, especially with Amare Stoudamire vs. Tim Duncan.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   
And I thought the Spurs had taken control of this series for good when they blew them out in Game 3.

Ben

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 08:01 AM
link   
The Spurs were close again to blowing their 20 point first half lead but they can through and won this game by 12. Good game all around and the Spurs players played well when they needed two. They almost let this game slip away from them.

new topics

top topics

join