It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Sac Kings vs Utah Jazz

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I think this should be a pretty good series, but I dont think the Jazz can keep up with the Kings. The Kings are playing well right now and they feel they have alot to prove, I think they will beat the Lakers this year if someone else doesn't first.

This link says the Kings are the best team in the NBA:

"They're not just the best team in the NBA. They're way, way the best team in the NBA. They haven't won anything yet because they don't know it. Which is a bigger part of it all than it seems."

sports.espn.go.com...

Ben

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This should be a very well played series, but i dont think that the Jazz will be able to beat the Kings. The Kings will make it past a couple of rounds but in my mind they wont win the Championship. They will be able to make it past the Jazz. But after that i dont see them making it that far yet. They need to develope some more

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I think Kings in 5 also.

The Kings are better at every position, maybe except at Small Forward.

Ben

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Great game last night enjoyed watching it. Close through out the game. I thought that the Jazz were going to control the pace again like they did last season. Not the case last night. Sac was able to run the court at will, and if they can do it through the series the jazz are going to have a hard time stopping the Kings.

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I think the Kings will win it in 5.

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Kings in five, but only because Utah has a notoriously loud home crowd. Otherwise a sweep.

Ben

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The Kings destroyed the Jazz last night. Stojakovic was on fire with 29 points. Nobody on the Jazz was able to stop anybody, the kings had their way with the Jazz, the Jazz stopped playing man to man defense and thought that the zone would work but Jackson just used his speed and broke the zone. The Kings look very good in the playoffs so far.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Yeah, the Kings did destroy the Jazz last night, the Kings are way too good for the Jazz. I really think the Kings will win it all this year, they are good inside and outside and most of all, they seem to have chemistry.

Ben

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 09:52 AM
link   
the kings are on a roll, but how serious is Webber's injury?

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I admire the heart of the jazz but they just cant physically play with such a younger team

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben:

the kings are on a roll, but how serious is Webber's injury?

Um, not serious. M.R.I. came back negative yesterday.

If there is any doubt, I would sit Webber for the rest of the series. I think the Kings can beat the Jazz without Webber.

Ben

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The kings can and will beat the Jazz without Webber, the beat the Jazz without him when he left the game. And they played a part of the season without him, and they were still winning.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 07:18 PM
link   

The kings can and will beat the Jazz without Webber, the beat the Jazz without him when he left the game.

Yeah interestingly enough, in that last game, it was close till Webber got injured.

As soon as he got injured and Scot Pollard came in, the Kings ran away from Utah.

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Good game tonight, Utah beat the Kings at home. Ostertag had a pretty good game, it seemed Utah got fired up after their coach Jerry Sloan got ejected for his second technical foul.

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Yeah, we played like crap and they played great and the Kings have made Greg Ostertag look like Shaq this series.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Jerry Sloan has made an effective tactic out of getting ejected late in games during the playoffs, it almost always rallies his team.

I possibly see Utah winning tonight at home, but there is no way Sacramento will lose this series in my mind.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I think the Kings will win tonight.

But if don't they'll have the most pressure on them they've had this year going into Game 5.

Ben

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The Kings shot very poorly in the first half of the game. But in the second half they stepped it up and hit some shots, and this resulting into a complete blowout of the Jazz. This was the third biggest margin of victory in a playoff game. The Kings shot airballs in the first half but only trialed by 4, they came out in the second and just but a hurting on the Jazz. This might have been the last time we will see Malone and Jazz playing in Utah.

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 05:08 PM
link   

The Kings shot very poorly in the first half of the game. But in the second half they stepped it up and hit some shots, and this resulting into a complete blowout of the Jazz. This was the third biggest margin of victory in a playoff game. The Kings shot airballs in the first half but only trialed by 4, they came out in the second and just but a hurting on the Jazz. This might have been the last time we will see Malone and Jazz playing in Utah.

Yeah I watched that whole game.

If Utah hadn't turned the ball over so much, they might have won this game going away.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 12:55 AM
link   
As expected the Kings beat the Jazz 111-91 to win game 5. I was happy to see the Kings win, but it might have been Stockton and Malone's last time on the court together. It's amazing they have been playing together for 18 years, too bad they never won it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join