It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Lakers vs. T'Wolves

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   
This is an interesting first round matchup, anyone think the TWolves have a chance? I cant see them stopping Shaq, but if they can slow him down they might have a chance. This series reminds me of the Ducks-RedWings series in hockey, defending champs with alot of stars, look what the Ducks did. It will be really tough, but I hope KG and co. can pull it off.

Ben

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 04:33 PM
link   
This is going to be a very good first round match-ups one of the best. It does remind me of the Ducks-Red Wings. I think that the Wolves have a solid chance of winning this series. One, they have home-court advantage, Two, the series was tied at 2 a piece during the season. 3 KG is playing better than anybody else in the leauge, and 4 wally and Co. are playing very solid.

During this round i would look for KG to step up and try to gaurd shaq. And look for everybody on the WOlves team to pick it up. My Pick: Wolves in 7, cause of the home-court advantage one of the best teams on home-court.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I just don�t see it. I think the Lakers in 5.

The Timberwolves need to win the first 2 games at home to have a chance I think because if the Lakers get the split, the T-Wolves will already be behind the 8-ball going back to L.A.

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 05:27 PM
link   
bah, it simply comes down to this: Wolves have one star, Lakers have two.

I predict a possible sweep unless the Wolves manage to get one at home in game 2, especially after watching how they crumbled during today's game

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The Lakers looked pretty good today, especially Kobe. He had 29 at the half. KG had a decent game and Wally hit some shots, but they just dont have the support.

Ben

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 06:48 PM
link   
After watching this game the Lakers seem like they are on a mission to win another championship. KG had a good game but for him to keep his team in it he is going to have to have great games. Wally is going to need to step it up some more. I remember him having a 40 point game during the season, they are going to need this kindof support from the other players to have a chance. Kobe played a great game offensivly and defensivly. GOing to be very hard to stop the lakers at this pace.

Ben

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 08:07 AM
link   
T-Wolves are able to Bounce back

The Wolves were able to win game two and adviod a humilating loss again at home. KG showed up to play with 35 points and 20 boards. He lead this team to victory but without the help of Hudson who set a franchise record for most points in a playoff game with 37 two ahead of KG. Minnesota played very well and they changed their lineup a little so that they can match-up better agaisnt the gaurds for the lakers. Series is tied up at 1.

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 04:01 PM
link   
by the T-Wolves! KG looked really good last night and it was huge for them to take one at home. If they keep playing like that, this series is nowhere near over.

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I love KG he is such a good player...I really hope the wolves get to the second round....man i really hate the lakers, so now i understand why alot of you hate the red wings

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Go Timberwolves tonight!

If the T-Wolves can somehow pull out the win tonight, it changes this whole series.

Ben

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 07:46 AM
link   
T-Wolves Win Again

T-Wolves beat LA again to move ahead in the series 2 games to 1. KG hit shots for his team when they need him to. When they were up by 2 or 3 and they needed a basket they gave the ball to KG and he delivered. The Wolves showed great determination when KG foulded out in overtime and the Wolves managed to hold onto the lead, and beat LA. The roleplayers of the Wolves were able to step up and help KG. The lakers played a good game but missed some key shots down the streach.

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben:

The Wolves showed great determination

I know! Definitely. Especially after getting screwed by the refs on a lot of those calls.

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Huge win for the T-Wolves! That game had some of the worst officiating I have ever seen, just pathetic. That foul they called on Garnett that made him foul out was a joke, in hockey Horry would have got 2 minutes for diving.

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I've got to give mad props to Flip Saunders.

He's had a great game plan this series attacking all the Lakers' weaknesses.

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 10:12 AM
link   
gotta give props to the twolves in that last game, they won despite poor officiating. I mean, some of these calls were blatantly bad. If the Lakers ended up winning I wouldve been upset despite being a big fan.

However, i really dont see the wolves holding both Shaq and Kobe to such poor shooting every single game. I think this series has a good chance of going 7 games

[Edited on 04/10/03 by Cannon]

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Yeah I still think the Lakers will win this series. I thought before the series started, Lakers in 5. Then I thought sweep after Game 1.

But the thing that interests me is that there are signs here (not just in this series but in this season) that this year's Lakers aren't as good as the previous 3 title teams. First off, I don't remember a Lakers' team (meaning this group of Lakers) getting blown off the floor by 30 points in a playoff game, like what happened in Game 2 here.

That's why I think they can be taken down this year by either the Spurs or the Kings.

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 03:24 PM
link   
the last time they were blown out was game 5 of the finals against the Pacers

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cannon:

the last time they were blown out was game 5 of the finals against the Pacers

Yeah I remember that. That was in 2000 when they were on their way up to being champions and learning to close out playoff series.

But since then I don't think they've been blown out in the playoffs.

Ben

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The Lakers and T-wolves game was amazing again, but the Wolves had this game and they let it slip away from them. Hudson has been having an amazing series, as the wolves are finding a grove, and the Lakers are having some problems with the Wolves. KG had a solid game but missed some free throw shots that the Wolves needed. But KG hit a huge 3 with 3 guys in his face. He hit some great shots but missed a lot also. Dont know how strong the Lakers are going to be without Fox.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Give some credit to Laker's veteran guard Brian Shaw; there has been stretches during the regular season when the 36 year old plays maybe 15 minutes in one month yet he held Hudson to no points when he guarded him late in the game. He also had a few key buckets. I think that Shaw was key in the Laker's comeback.

As for Fox, he is _really_ important to the Lakers. It's not only his defense that is important, but hes been shooting +50 percent three pointers over the last month. It hurts to lose a hot shooter.

[Edited on 04/10/03 by Cannon]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join