It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Philly 76ers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 12:45 AM
link   
What do you guys think of the Sixers chances to come out of the East? I think they have a pretty good shot, there doesn't seem to be one really dominant team in the East. The Nets have been good, the Sixers beat them 3 out of 4. The East seems to be pretty wide open, should be an interesting playoffs.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican:

What do you guys think of the Sixers chances to come out of the East? I think they have a pretty good shot, there doesn't seem to be one really dominant team in the East.

Like you said the East is wide open.

I think it depends on the Sixers� health, especially A.I. He could carry them all the way through if he�s close to being healthy.

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The Sixers really blew it last night losing to Chicago. If they beat Chicago last night and Washington tonight and the Nets lost tonight (Indiana I think?), the Sixers could have won the Atlantic Division. Now if they lose tonight they could actually start the playoffs on the road, what a big swing. The Sixers do have a darn good road record though.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The Sixers get New Orleans in the first round. NO is a decent team, but I like the Sixers chance against the Hornets, Iverson has been playing really well and they just got VanHorn back from injury. I'm pickin the Sixers in 6.

Ben

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Going with the Sixers over NO is a very good choice. NO is playing well but not good enough to beat the Sixer, they put a hurting on the Wizs last night, but nobody paid attention to the score cause of Jordan's final game. Iverson is going to lead this team through these playoffs, and i would like to see the Nets and Sixers playing for the Eastern Conference championship, they are the two best teams in my mind in the East. Iverson leads his sixers, and kidd leads his Nets.
My Pick: Sixers in 5

Ben

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The 76ers game last night was very cool, Iverson dominated this game with 55 points and 8 assists, he stepped it up big time in the 4th quater when his team needed him the most scoring 20 points. Nice job AI.

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 05:05 PM
link   
What a game last night, Iverson proved he's one of the best in the league with his 55 points, they looked really good and shouldn't have too much trouble swatting the Hornets.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The Sixers looked good in game 2 last night, AI got alot of help from his teammates in this win. Derrick Coleman made some big shots and Kenny Thomas pulled down alot of rebounds. The Hornets were without Baron Davis because of a knee injury and Mashburn injured his finger, cant be good news for Hornets fans.

Ben

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Sixers are looking very good lately, AI had a great first game points wise, but this game he didnt score that much but instead helped get his teammates involved which showed. Derrick Coleman played a great game, and they are getting production from all their starting players, and from the bench. This team is looking very solid. And they still look like the hottest team since the All-star break.

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Hey, Proud. Larry Brown resigned today in Philly.

Thoughts?

Ben

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I didnt even know that he resigned why did he, he is a very good coach and i thought that he was happy in Phili.

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Mulder
Hey, Proud. Larry Brown resigned today in Philly.

Thoughts?

Wow, this comes as a complete shock to me. I knew he said he wasn't sure, but he says that after every season. This is a big loss to the Sixers, Brown is not only a good coach but even a better teacher. I am sorry to see him go, I cant even imagine who will replace him, they need someone to continue to keep Iverson in line.

"Brown's job with the Sixers was his longest tenure with any team in his 31-year coaching career. He led the team to the playoffs five straight years, including the 2001 NBA Finals, and is to coach the U.S. men's national team this summer at an Olympic qualifying tournament in Puerto Rico."

espn.go.com...

Sad day for Sixers basketball.

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   
brown is movin to cleveland I think

Ben

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Why would Brown want to goto Cleveland. He has a better team in Phili, and plus he has the Answer, is he going to Cleveland just for Lebron James?

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Hard to believe that his 6 years in Philly was the longest stay with one team in his 31 year coaching career. I guess he gets bored easily.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben:

I didnt even know that he resigned why did he,

Actually if it was anybody else, I would be surprised but since it's Larry Brown, I'm not.

Brown is a nomad. He doesn't stay in one place for very long. Just look at his coaching career. It indicates that. I'm actually surprised that he stayed as long in Philadelphia as he did. 6 years I think.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I heard Mo Cheeks was near the top of the Sixers wish list, it was in all the Philly papers today.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 05:20 PM
link   
on tv the other day lebron was saying how he really wants brown as his coach, and I read online and in the newspaper that brown would probably go to cleveland or houston

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Tough choice for him. On one hand, he could have a bright future with Houston, who have 2 young athletic guards and a potentially awesome young center, whereas with Cleveland it is a slightly uncertain future, but he seems to thrive with teams that have less talent like the Cavs. He would really help with Lebron's development.

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Van Gundy tells radio station he's not fit for Philly

PHILADELPHIA -- Jeff Van Gundy won't be coaching the Philadelphia 76ers.

Van Gundy, who already interviewed for the Cleveland Cavaliers' vacancy, spoke to Sixers general manager Billy King on Wednesday night.

"We mutually agreed it wasn't a good fit,'' Van Gundy said Thursday.

The Sixers have been looking for a coach since Hall of Famer Larry Brown resigned Monday after six seasons.
espn.go.com...

Portland also denied the Sixers the right to talk to Mo Cheeks about a possible job.

Who else is out there? No Paul Silas.

Ah, this was at the end :

Silas could become a candidate for the Sixers job. Former NBA coaches Mike Dunleavy and Mike Fratello are also possibilities. University of Memphis coach John Calipari is a long shot. Calipari, an assistant under Brown for one season, has a contract through the 2006-07 season.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join