It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Sacramento Kings

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:
Ben

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
woah thats impressive. I bet that your hoping they are going to win this year. You think they can make it?

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
If the Lakers are healthy (I mean all 4 guys) come playoff time, I would say "no".

Other than that, I would take the Kings over Dallas and over Minnesota. The Spurs are a question mark. They still need to jel more so I'm reserving judgment until tomorrow night when I see them play us again.

[Edited on 2-5-2004 by Fox Mulder]

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Great comeback by Chris Webber tonight!

26 points and 12 rebounds in his first game of the season. That's not bad for being out 10 months.

Kings didn't defend well again against the Clip Joint though.

Props to Adelman though for having the guts to keep Chris Webber out at crunch time of this close game going with a group that's more familiar with each other on the floor (ie. Vlade Divac and Brad Miller).

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
The Spurs give a lot of teams trouble, with their high scoring team, and with great defense.

Spurs are low scoring, but their defense is excellent.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
With Webber back, it should be a whole lot easier to take out the Spurs.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Kings 107, Magic 90 at Orlando on Sunday. Now that's more like it after that debacle the day before in Miami.

Play of the game:

Middle of the 2nd Quarter. Magic up by 7. Brad Miller misses a layup, then Peja misses the follow. Ball comes loose then Tyrone Lue saves it. It's on the floor and Brad Miller and Tracy McGrady dive on the floor and Miller saves it, bounces it to a wide open Mike Bibby, who takes his time sets his feet and hits the three!

Kings had all the momentum after that.

Doug Christie played a great game Sunday. Defensively he helped hold Tracy McGrady to 13 points. And offensively, he ran the offense well dishing out 12 assists. Some of his post passes were just beautiful Sunday.

And the Kings also rebounded the ball well Sunday unlike Saturday at Miami.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
It appears that at least one thign won't be changing in Scaramento, the head coach -

story link

That's a rarity in today's NBA, my compliments the the organisation for not firing him, he's done a great job, I think.

Ben

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I think as well that Rick has done a great job in Sac also. He has brought this franchise alive, and look for some off-season changes, but i wouldn't look for to many changes.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I like Adelman too. I think it's a good decision to keep him.

He's had to deal with a lot of injuries this year.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Kings 119, Rockets 111 in Overtime last night. What a game!
Anybody see it last night?

Chris Webber. Let me tell you. He has the reputation of being afraid of taking the big shots. And early on his career and back in college with Michigan and the timeout thing, it was deserved.

But if you've watched the Kings like the last year and a half, that reputation is not deserved anymore. He loves to take the big shot. Just look at last night. Game-tying three at the end of regulation. Forces the Overtime. We get the win.
In Milwaukee, earlier this year he hits the game-winning three. Against Minnesota in Game 7 last year, he missed but that shot was in and out and he wasn't afraid to take it.

Brad Miller's outside shot is looking sweet, by the way. He should get more shots. 8 of 10 tonight. He needs to stop hesitating when he has the ball too. Several times in the 2nd half, he had the ball and a wide open shot and passed it off.

And Cuttino. Great homecoming for him. Not a great game but two big threes in Overtime. And Eddie House good minutes backing up Mike Bibby tonight. Cooled down in the 2nd half, but was hot in the 1st half.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Fox, nice to see ya back around man!

I caught most of that game last night, great game! I think adding Mobley was an upgrade to Christie and the Kings should go real deep in the playoffs this year. Webber has always been a great player but he has seemed to step his game up another notch. Bibby has been good too. When do they expect Peja back??

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Hey, why isn't Webber playing this afternoon against the T-Wolves??

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I found it.

MINNEAPOLIS - Sacramento forwards Peja Stojakovic and Chris Webber didn't dress for the Kings' game at Minnesota on Sunday because of injuries.

Stojakovic, who has been bothered by back spasms, also sat out the Kings' last two games. Webber has a sore left knee, the same knee he had surgery on last season.

Matt Barnes got his third straight start in place of Stojakovic, and Darius Songaila replaced Webber in the Sacramento lineup.

www.mercurynews.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
Fox, nice to see ya back around man!

Thanks, PA!
Sorry I've been lazy about coming around.

I caught most of that game last night, great game! I think adding Mobley was an upgrade to Christie and the Kings should go real deep in the playoffs this year. Webber has always been a great player but he has seemed to step his game up another notch. Bibby has been good too. When do they expect Peja back??

Yeah Peja's back has been bothering him the last few weeks. I don't think he's going to play the next few games either. At least that's the last thing I heard.

Anyways what I also wanted to talk about was

Kings win in Minnesota yesterday afternoon, without Peja and Webber! 94 to 84. :bounce: I got a chance to see that game too.

I think it's biggest win of the season by the Kings to date.

No Chris Webber. No Peja Stojakovic. Cuttino Mobley playing with a strained groin and food poisoning.

And still the Kings win!
Break Minnesota's 5-game winning streak.

Darius Songaila was money with the outside jump shot. He looked so confident with that shot yesterday.

Brad Miller. 27 points, 15 boards.

Mike Bibby was cold for the whole first half but he finally got hot in the 2nd half.

And the players who started yesterday, played the entire 2nd half.

And I also think that's the best job we've done on the boards all year. Especially, the defensive glass. A big criticism of the Kings in the past is they usually get routed on the defensive boards. But yesterday, we actually outrebounded Minnesota 45 to 44.

Usually when we play Minnesota it's a Timberwolves' miss, KG boards and puts it back or KG misses, KG boards and puts it back, all day long. But none of that happened yesterday.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Oh, the Kings.

I think this might be their year. I like the Mobley acquisition and some of the West teams dont look as strong as they have the past few years.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEnforcer
Oh, the Kings.

I think this might be their year.

I would have to say right now, San Antonio's the favorite. They're not a lot better than everyone else. But they are a little better than everyone else.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Kings 122, Sonics 101 last Tuesday night.

Good news is we bounced back from that poor shooting performance against Minnesota last Sunday.

The bad news is that hurts our chances to face the Sonics in the playoffs rather than the Mavericks.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Hey, aren't the Sonics playing better than the Mavs this season? I think thehy stand a better chance against the Mavs, IMHO...

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Well I think Seattle has a better record but they're injured now.

I think Dallas would beat us but I think we can take Seattle. Luke Ridnour going into the playoffs for the first time, is something I think we can take advantage of.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
You know, I'm watching the MAvs beat up on the Spurs right now, and I think you may be right. I forget about all the good parts that make up the Dallas machine...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join