It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Sacramento Kings

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Hi. I�m a Kings� fan.

What do you guys think of us taking the title this year?

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   
If they dont face the Spurs and get over the Lakers, they're fine.

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Yeah the Spurs give us problems.

They�re the only team the Kings have trouble scoring against.

Ben

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The Spurs give a lot of teams trouble, with their high scoring team, and with great defense.

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Im a Kings fan also. I would like too see them take the title.

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I think the Kings have a great shot this year. They have alot of depth, have a good inside game, have some deadly shooters and are well coached. I think they are the team to beat in the West and I hope so, I'm tired of seeing the Lakers in the finals.

Ben

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Yeah i am tired of seeing the Lakers win, but they are a very dominate team in the playoffs. Kings have a great shot. In my mind they have the sixth-player of the year, in Bobby Jackson, man that guy is fast. Loads of depth with Webber, Bibby, Peja, and Divak, and so on. Its going to be hard for any team to beat the Kings.

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 04:04 PM
link   
You guys see the highlights of the Nuggets-Kings� game from last night? I watched the game here locally.

And Chris Webber hit another game-winning shot in the final seconds. He�s getting at that.

Because I know his reputation is that of a choker.

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frank
Because I know his reputation is that of a choker.

I'm a big Tarheel fan, so I'll never forget that "timeout" he called when he was at Michigan in the '93 NCAA final game.
Truth is though, he is a great player and I hope he can carry the Kings to the finals, that will definitely help him get the monkey off his back. He is surrounded by alot of talent, so this might be the Kings year.

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican:

I'm a big Tarheel fan, so I'll never forget that "timeout" he called when he was at Michigan in the '93 NCAA final game.

I�m a big Tarheel fan as well and I�ll never forget that either. Before he ended up calling that timeout, I also remembered he traveled right before it and it wasn�t called.

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frank
I also remembered he traveled right before it and it wasn�t called.

No doubt about it, I cant believe that wasn't called. I'm sure he had nightmares about that play for years. Whatever happened with the case against him for accepting donations in college?

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican:

Whatever happened with the case against him for accepting donations in college?

It�s still going on but it�s been postponed till the Summer.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Congratulations on Bobby Jackson getting the 6th Man of the Year Award yesterday.

He came out had a great game against Utah too.

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I think this quirk in the schedule (with the back-to-back Dallas at Sacramento games tonight and Sunday) could help the Kings only if they win tonight. Kings are going to look a little different out there tonight with Webber out.

Because then Dallas won't have any time for adjustments heading into the next game, because it's tomorrow already.

So tonight is the pivotal game.

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 06:20 PM
link   
doesnt seem like an issue to me...ive rarely seen him play. But I only watch a few Kings games a year anyway.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cannon:

doesnt seem like an issue to me

It's not really. He hasn't been in the rotation. But with Keon Clark and Scot Pollard gone, he might have gotten some playing time this year. At the very least he could have become an option to what has all of a sudden become a thin Kings' frontline.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   
That sucks.

Jimmy Jackson signed with the Rockets.

It leaves us with a void at the backup swing position.

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I heard Weber will be out half the season with that injury he got in the play-offs last year. If this is true, it may jeapordize the Kings chance of winning the title. I love the Kings and hope the other guys can step up in his absence. I also find it very cool that the Kings play the Cavs. LeBron's first NBA game against my Kings. I have respect for James... but I hope Bibby or Peja just light him up. I'd also like to see a LeBron/Kobe matchup... Just to see how good James really is.

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 09:09 PM
link   
never heard of that injury...i bet if it was true there would be a bigger deal made of it on TV

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join