It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Wizards make playoffs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The Wizards beat the Celtics in OT Monday night to move within two games of the Bucks for the eight plaoff spot. They dont have many games left to catch them, but I would love to see Jordan make the playoffs in his last year.

Ben

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The Wizards might make the playoffs, Jordan will lead them to it, but will the players around him respond. In Monday's winover the Celtics the wizards team looked great. They have 2 games in hand over the Bucks, and a little easier schedule if they keep it up they should make it.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Jordan and the Wizards beat the Cavs last night to move within a game and a half of Milwaukee, who didnt play. Jordan poured in 26 and got a nice ovation from the fans in Cleveland as he played his last game there. Its been nice seeing all the fans say goodbye to him in every city, but it sort of loses its meaning after the third time now that he has retired. But then again, we're talking about the best player ever to lace 'em up in the NBA, in my opinion. I really hope they make the playoffs.

Ben

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 10:25 AM
link   
it was a great game and Jordan has been playing very well as of late, he really is putting a huge effort for them to make the playoffs, he played 46 mins. Last night and that is really good.
Tonight the Wizs play the Celts, in a rematch of a great game this weekend.
The Bucks will play the Clips, hopefully the Bucks lose and the Wizs win.

Ben

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Last night the Wizards played the Celts, the Wizards lost by 4 87 to 83 in a very close contest. Jordan had 21 points and 10 boards. He played yet another solid game.
Also the bucks won agaisnt the clippers, this means that if the wizard lose one more game they will be done for the season. Thats bad news for people who want the wizards to make the playoffs. Maybe they should stay away from the retro uniforms.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 03:32 PM
link   
That 8th playoff spot is slipping away from the Wizards, tomorrow night Michael and the Wizards are in Miami and Milwaukee visits the Carter-less Raptors. They have to keep winning and are also going to need some help from the teams playing the Bucks.

Ben

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The Wizs are going to need lots and lots of help from the other teams around the league. The Wizards need to step it up on both sides of the ball. Michael might have to score 50 points a night to keep the Wizs in the race, now that would be some fun to watch.

Ben

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The Wizards play Miami tongiht on the road, the Wizs might have a hard time betting Miami cuase they dont play so well on the road. should be an interesting matchup to watch as this is a must win for the wizards. The Wizards are going to need some help from Toronto who are without Carter, Tornoto and Milwaukee square off in Tornoto tonight.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I think the Bucks will make the playoffs but I hope the Wizards do.

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The Bucks won tonight eliminating Jordan and the Wizards. We'll see him for the last time in Philly.

Ben

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It was kindof upseting that the Bucks won to get the final playoff spot. I would have really enjoyed watching Jordan in the playoffs one last time. But the Bucks are the better of the two teams. They will have a tough time getting far in the playoffs since the Nets will most likely be the first place team. Maybe Jordan will come back for one last season? He isnt that old.

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Jordan did promise this was his last season, but then again haven't we heard that twice before? I really think he's done this time but I would love to see him come back, I could never get tired of watching Jordan.

Ben

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   
who doesn't like watching Jordan play. I know that he isnt the same in the legs, but he still has that fade-away jumper, that looks amazing, just look at that shot at the all-star game.

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican:

Jordan did promise this was his last season, but then again haven't we heard that twice before? I really think he's done this time but I would love to see him come back, I could never get tired of watching Jordan.

I think he�s done this time too because he�s just too frustrated with his Wizards� teammates I think.

Ben

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 01:12 PM
link   
i think that alot of the people in the game would be very upset it Jordan came back, look at all the things that players and coaches are doing for Jordan. Alot of people would think that all of that would be for nothing.

Jordan should go out after this season, and stick to being the owner and maybe even think about starting a career in coaching.

top topics

join