It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Lebron James

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
Ben

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Is Lebron James really that good? I saw him play on TV a couple of times, and he was pretty good well he was amazing playing agaisnt high school players. But is he that good to go onto the pros and be the #1 pick? Will he impact that team right away?

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I saw James on TV a couple of times too, and he looked incredible, but like Ben said that was against high school kids, the NBA is a huge step. It didnt seem to affect Kobe or KG too much, but I think alot of it is how he can handle it mentally. The senior year he had with all of the publicity and media hype probably helped him get used to being in the limelight, but you never know. Most experts are projecting him as the #1 pick, I would rather take a player who has some experience in college ball because drafting from high school seems like such a big risk, but maybe he is that good.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben:

Will he impact that team right away?

I don�t think he�ll have an impact right away.

The only high school player who had a impact right away in the N.B.A. is Amare Stoudamire. And I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that his body is developed already.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 09:03 PM
link   
he will have an impact his first year, because he will be drafted by a horrible team such as the Cavaliers. They will undoubtedly immediately start him and give him every chance possible to make an impact.

The reason some players such as Kobe didnt make a huge impact their first years was because they usually played off the bench; and thus werent given the chance to make an immediate impact. LeBron will make an impact, as did Amare Stoudamire.

[Edited on 04/10/03 by Cannon]

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cannon:

he will have an impact his first year, because he will be drafted by a horrible team such as the Cavaliers. They will undoubtedly immediately start him and give him every chance possible to make an impact.

Yeah but the Bulls were horrible and Tyson Chandler and Eddy Curry didn�t make an immediate impact.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I can't wait! I get to see opening night of my team (the Kings) and LeBron James' debut all at the same time tonight!

It doesn't get any better than this!

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Lebron busted out some killer moves last night in his game. 24 points and 9 assits in his first game. Woah man. Watch out.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Yeah.

12 points in the 1st Quarter alone.

I heard he couldn't hit an outside shot but I didn't see that last night. First 3 shots he took: Left baseline jumper, right baseline jumper. Both off the dribble. And then a fadaway 20 footer from the right baseline with Brad Miller coming at him.

If he continues to hit the outside shot like that, the Cavs will make the playoffs.

Ben

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Yea it looks like he can continue to make those kinds of shot. He made many spectacular shots throughout the game. He looked a lot like MJ.

But will he run into the rookie wall? Will he fold under the pressure?

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben:

But will he run into the rookie wall?

Probably midway through the year.

But not tonight. At Phoenix tonight, 21 (points), 12 (rebounds) and 8 (assists).

Will he fold under the pressure?

I think this kid has great mental makeup. I don't think that will happen.

Ben

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 12:49 PM
link   
He has been performing very well thus far...it will be very fun to see how he plays agaisnt Carmelo Anthony tonight.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Carmelo wins round 1.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Carmelo definatly had the better peformace. But i think you have to also realize that Carmelo is on a better team. The Cavs still havent won a game.

Ben

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Does any body know how more times they play each other this season?

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   
One more time, Ben, at Denver.

Because Denver's in the West and Cleveland's in the East and Eastern and Western Conference teams only play each other 2 times a year in the regular season.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 09:59 AM
link   
He won agaisnt the Knicks last night scoring 17. He is on a roll.

Ben

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I have been very impressed by his performance thus far. Who else has?

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Damn, LeBron had 37 against the Celtics tonight!!

Ben

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 03:48 PM
link   
yea sometime lebron has great games and others he just plain old sucks

Ben

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 10:09 PM
link   
lebron has been playing very well lately for the Cavs he scored 32 with 10 board and 9 assits...the coach even sat a team mate who bumped into james on teh court

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join