It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: 2003 NBA Rookie of the Year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Who do you think deserves the NBA Rookie of the Year award? Yao has had a great season, but my vote goes to Stoudamire, he is going to be a force. He kind of reminds me of Kevin Garnett, he's quick and powerful and will only get much better.

Ben

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 07:54 PM
link   
oooo This is a though decision both of these guys had great seasons. Stoudamire is a going to be a force, and he has had some great highlights this season, but my vote is for Yao, right now he is a premier big man in the league, if the Rocket Coaches would feed him the ball more he would be no doubt number 1. Yao has helped this team alot through the season.
One big reason Yao is the rookie of the year, who can stop shaq better?

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Good point, I think Yao is as close as anyone will get to stopping Shaq, but I still think Shaq is unstoppable. I'm surprised teams still dont do the "Hack-a-Shaq", he still struggles from the free throw line. Yao and Shaq should have some great battles over the years, I dont see any big college kids coming up who might be able to step in Shaq's way. The other thing is Yao can shoot from the outside as well, thats a big bonus from your center.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I think Yao will take this one.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I would go with Yao.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Stoudamire definitely, its because of him that Phoenix is even making the playoffs. Hes played consistently well all season, while Yao started off horribly. Yao doesnt get the ball as much as he should because he doesnt demand it like Shaq and other great centers do; maybe someday he will.

[Edited on 04/10/03 by Cannon]

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cannon:

Yao doesnt get the ball as much as he should because he doesnt demand it like Shaq and other great centers do; maybe someday he will.

I think someday he will because it�s kind of hard for a rookie to come in and be vocal and demand the ball. Especially with a team that was decent before. I mean, they didn�t make the playoffs last season either but if you�ve got Steve Francis and Cuttino Mobley, I think you�re decent.

Ben

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Francis and Mobley, are very good players, and if you have them on a team your decent. I would look for Yao to improve over the off-season and come out next year and be a force. Right now he looks like he ran into a wall. He is always looking tired, so maybe he will improve that in the off-season, we shall see.

Ben

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Looks like Stoudamire won the rookie of the year, good job for him. He is a great up and comer and he should do fine in years to come.

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Yeah I think Phoenix getting in the 8th spot and Houston not making the playoffs really helped out Stoudamire get this award.

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frank
Yeah I think Phoenix getting in the 8th spot and Houston not making the playoffs really helped out Stoudamire get this award.

I agree, I think that had alot to do with it. If anyone was unsure, this probably persuaded them to choose Stoudamire.

top topics

join