It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Playoffs

page: 1

join
share:
Ben

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 07:23 PM
link   
how far will the timberwolves go this year in the playoffs or will they get stuck in the first round again.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 07:36 PM
link   
If the playoffs started today, Minnesota would play Portland, who I think they could beat. They beat them 2 out of 3 this year but if they do get past them, I dont know if they have the depth to get past the second round, especially in the talent loaded Western Conference. They need some guys to step up and help Garnett, he's awesome but cant do it on his own.

Ben

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 07:45 PM
link   
If Mineesota gets home-court advantage they should make it past the first round, they play great at home, wally should help out KG, but he hasnt been that consistant this season.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Wally has been playing really well as of late, his jumper seems to be really on, I watched them the other night. They need a big presence in the middle, Nesterovic seems average, and Joe Smith and Trent need to pick it up and help KG too. Are you a T-wolves fan Ben?

Ben

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I would like to think am i fan but iam not all out T-wolves. If Wally plays well and the role players on this team step up in the playoffs they should make it pretty deep, KG is the MVP he has the most triple-doubles in the league and, KG just doesnt score points he gets the other players involved. What's your favorite team?

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   
alll i have to say are the wizerds and trust me that is what i say and i know sports they make it in and you wont see them again it is as good as done

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben:

If Mineesota gets home-court advantage they should make it past the first round, they play great at home, wally should help out KG, but he hasnt been that consistant this season.

Well that�s the key there I think. Portland plays better on the road than at home. Minnesota at home is much better. If the Timberwolves can get #4, they should win the first round series.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I thought New Orleans might win this series actually but now I kind of doubt it down 2 to 0 and both Baron Davis and Jamal Mashburn hobbling.

Ben

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 07:53 AM
link   
going to be very hard for the Hornets to win this series especially in the way the 76ers are playing, AI is playing light out basketball, and he is getting the help he needs from the supporting cast.

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Must win game for Portland tonight.

I was rooting for them and I thought they'd win this series but now I don't think so especially after Derek Anderson is now out indefinitely and Scottie Pippen is iffy with injuries.

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I was wondering about something. Here's something I keep on hearing on the radio, seeing on the T.V., and reading in the newspapers:

If the Mavericks have anything to look forward to after squandering three chances to close out the series, it might be that no road team has won a Game 7 since 1982.

Am I missing something here because, um, hello, I should know this since I'm a Kings' fan but the Lakers won Game 7 on the road at Sacramento last year in the Western Conference Finals.

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 04:49 PM
link   
yes, as did the 1988 Lakers. They played 3 game 7s that year if I remember...but I may be wrong.

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Yeah I think I remember that year.

Utah took them to 7 games in the Western Conference Semifinals.

Dallas took them to 7 games in the Western Conference Finals.

Detroit took them to 7 games in the N.B.A. Finals.

I believe all three 7 games were at the Forum though.

new topics

top topics

join