It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: NBA 2003 MVP ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Who do you think should be the 2003 NBA MVP? I voted for Kobe because he carried the Lakers when Shaq was out, he had that streak of 40+ points in like 9 straight games. I think Garnett is a very close second because of what he does without playing around the guys that Kobe does, same with AI.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Tim Duncan!!

Ben

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Woah there are so many MVP's in this league this year Tim Duncan has a shot but it is a little easier for him because he has role players around him, right now i think the MVP is T-Mac or KG.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I gotta to with KG, Ben.

Because I think unlike previous years, he looks like he wants to carry this team to a first round win.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 09:20 PM
link   
this is why I wish the MVP voting were held a couple of rounds into the playoffs; then we would really see if Garnett will carry his team like he says he will.

As it is, Kobe Bryant should get MVP, especially with his streak in February (and WHY didnt he get player of the month that month???)

MVPs do memorable things during the regular season and playoffs that show their worth to their team; Kobe did that with his 40 point streak. I cant really remember anything special KG did other than a few individual performances.

also I'd like to add that Shaquille O'Neal SHOULD have had the MVP the past three years. Pure robbery in my mind. Even in an off-season for him like this one he is the true MVP, ask all of the General Managers in the league; they were all polled earlier this season and 100% voted Shaq as MVP.

[Edited on 04/10/03 by Cannon]

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cannon:

As it is, Kobe Bryant should get MVP, especially with his streak in February (and WHY didnt he get player of the month that month???)

I thought he should have gotten Player of the Month that month too but I wouldn�t vote for Kobe as M.V.P. because he couldn�t carry his team when Shaq was out at the beginning of the year.

top topics

join