It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Lakers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
Ben

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Can or will the Lakers win the championship this year, or will somebody knock them off, they are going to be in the playoffs. But who will do it?

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 11:24 AM
link   
No one, the Lakers aren't as deep as the Mavs or the Kings but they still have, IMO, the best 2 players in the NBA, the best coach also.

Ben

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The lakers arnt as deep as the mavs or kings, but who will be able to stop Shaq down low, if the Rockets get in Yao should give shaq a challenge but other than that i see nobody stopping shaq, if they do stop shaw they got to worry about Kobe. If anybody will knock them off it will be the Kings they came close last year and will be looking for some revenge.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I think the Lakers have a good chance of winning again, but I hope that the Kings or Mavs can take the West this year. I think whoever wins the West should win it all, it still seems the talent is a little lopsided again this year.

Ben

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 05:30 PM
link   
it's like this every year with the talent on the west. Everybody goes to the west because it is more challenging. If the Nets win the east they have a better chance with kidd and Mutambo down low. But whoever wins the west will win it all, i just hope somebody knocks off the lakers. The way they have been playing they dont deserve a chance to win it all again. The Mavs do.

Ben

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 05:31 PM
link   
it's like this every year with the talent on the west. Everybody goes to the west because it is more challenging. If the Nets win the east they have a better chance with kidd and Mutambo down low. But whoever wins the west will win it all, i just hope somebody knocks off the lakers. The way they have been playing they dont deserve a chance to win it all again. The Mavs do.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The Mavs definitely do, but I think the Kings have the best chance of stopping the Lakers. Neither team has anyone to stop Shaq, but Sac. has two pretty good centers in Webber and Divac that can both score and use their fouls on Shaq. Shaq wont beat you from the free throw line, thats for sure.

Ben

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 06:56 PM
link   
If you remenber during the season the Spurs sweept past the Lakers and in all those games the lakers had Shaq, maybe the spurs can do it with a healthy david and tim. They have a great bench, and they have great gaurds.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Yeah, the Spurs are another good team that alot of people seem to be overlooking. Duncan is awesome!

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I think the Lakers could win it again this year. But they have to watch out for Dallas and Sacramento. I for one would like to see Sacramento win it.

[Edited on 14-4-2003 by Ocelot]

Ben

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Lakers have a chance as always, but the team they should be most worried about is the Spurs in my mind the best team in the league.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Who do you guys like in the East? I think Detroit, Indiana, and Boston look pretty tough, I think the Sixers might return to the finals this year. They have had alot of injuries, but when they're healthy they're pretty good. VanHorn is pretty good, McKie and Snow are good complements to Iverson at guard, and D Coleman is sometimes good, but inconsistent.

Ben

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 08:40 PM
link   
In the east, Sixer have a great shot Iverson is playing the best i have ever seen him play, but it is not good enough for the finals. Nets have the best chance they are getting Mutambo back, kidd is playing solid. I love the Wizards chances if the get into the playoffs, MJ and the playoffs, who wouldnt bet against him.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Wow, I cant believe I forgot the Nets. They are awfully tough this year, especialy at home. Mutombo cant seem to stay healthy, they need his defense inside. The Sixers have had their number this year, beating them 3 out of 4. I just hope whoever wins the East plays well enough in the finals to keep it interesting.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 07:02 PM
link   
My unbiased opinion is the Spurs have the best chance to knock off the Lakers.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Lakes will definitely in my mind win. The Mavs have shown they dont deserve the title because they can't beat the top teams. The Spurs have the next best chance, but I dont think they can beat the Lakers during the playoffs (their season sweep of the Lakers was a fluke; they faced the Lakers when they were in the middle of slumps)

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cannon:

The Spurs have the next best chance, but I dont think they can beat the Lakers during the playoffs (their season sweep of the Lakers was a fluke; they faced the Lakers when they were in the middle of slumps)

No, they didnt and it wasnt a fluke.

Check out the 3rd win by the Spurs. The Lakers were not in a slump then. In February, when Kobe was going off with all those 40 point games, they had won 7 games in a row and then San Antonio came into Staples Center and stopped them dead in their tracks.

Ben

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Yeah it was no fluke that the Spurs beat the lakers during the season. The Spurs in my mind are the best team in the league. The beat the Lakers when they were on a roll and when they had Shaq, so i will be looking forward to seeing this two team playing each other in the playoffs.

Kobe said the other week that they sweeped us in the season so we have to sweep them in the playoffs to get some pay back.

This should be a great matchup if the two team meet each other. I will be looking forward to it.

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
What scares me about the Lakers is that their role players are stepping up at the right time of the season.

When you've got guys like Derek Fisher and Devean George stepping up, you've got trouble.

Ben

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Fisher and George are stepping it up as the Lakers are now 1 and a half games out of the 4th spot for the playoffs. As it stand now it looks like the Mavs are going to play the lakers in the first round. And this sucks for the Mavs. They dont play well agaisnt the Lakers, and the lakers are very strong right now. Even though they lost the game last night agaisnt the Trail Blazers their role players played a huge part. Look for them to countinue to play well as the playoffs come closer.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join