It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sukhoi creates new modernized Su-37

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 07:27 AM
link   
(translated from russian)
Sukhoi creates modernized fighter Su-37 Moscow. On November, 24. The INTERFAX

Sukhoi has started creation of modernized fighter Su-37 director on public relations of The sukhoi company yury Chervakov informed "Interfax - on Monday.

" This fighter should replace fighters such as su-30mk, and also to modernized fighters su-27sk and su-27SM ",

On Su-37 it is planned to approve some ideas in the field of the onboard equipment and the arms developed for a fighter of the fifth generation. su-37 is intended for drawing anticipatory impacts on any air opponent, including on the undistinguished plane such as Stealth aircraft

Fighter aircraft Su-37 must become "transitional" model to the fighter of the fifth generation.It will preserve structural/design succession with the Su-30MK fighter with the introduction in its construction/design of some solutions, depleted on the experimental aircraft Su-47 (su -37 "golden eagle") with the forwardsweept wings", said director..

For the first time in Su-37 is used electrical remote/distance engine control.The axisymmetrical rotary nozzles (to the angle plus- minus of 15 degrees), which create the controlled thrust vector, ensure super-maneuverability at the low speeds to aircraft.As the working medium/propellant of control system of the rotation of nozzles serves hydro-oil from the hydraulic system of aircraft. The new system of the flight control, based on digital computer technology with the elements of artificial intelligence, is used on the aircraft. this system takes to itself the essential part of the work of the pilot (automated are still stages of flight, including low-altitude flight, combat employment on air and ground targets, the opposition to radio- and optical-electronic means REB), leaving to man only making of fundamental decisions. The information-control field of cockpit is executed with the use of 4 colored JK- displays ('kh' of inches) of French production.The composition of armament is analogous Su-35.

[Edited on 28-11-2003 by SectorGaza]

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 08:17 AM
link   
i read that it got some new artificial intelligence, does this mean its unmanned or ??

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   
apparently, this new fighter is more automated, easier to fly etc..

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 04:57 PM
link   
What I don't understand is this:

If the Russians can make such sophisticated military hardware (if it is btw?), then why can't they make a decent toaster?

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO

If the Russians can make such sophisticated military hardware (if it is btw?), then why can't they make a decent toaster?

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO

I have to be honest with you, I dont think I ever had a toaster from Russia. Were exactly would you go about getting such a pc of machinery?

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 05:16 PM
link   
stop spamming the thread, if you want to talk about toasters go to chitchat.

[Edited on 28-11-2003 by SectorGaza]

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SectorGaza
apparently, this new fighter is more automated, easier to fly etc..

tHIS IS A BEAUTY.

Do you have the specs for it.

I want to see it vs the f-22

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Here is a video showing the Su-37 in action. Probably the old one but still worth a look.

www.strategypage.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 08:07 AM
link   
dont know about the f-22 but its sure is better then Eurofighter typhoon

top topics

join