It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Falcon sign Morten Andersen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
The Atlanta Falcons decided they needed a field goal kicker after their punter--pulling triple duty as punter, place kicker, and kickoff man--missed four field goals on Sunday. Their man? Forty-six year old Morten Andersen. And how amazing that his first game will be in New Orleans, where he spent much of his great career. Andersen has been out of football for two seasons, but says he is still accurate out to 50 yards.

Well, he always did say that he wanted to play till he was 50.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Okay I know no one cares, but whenever there's a remote Indiana connection, you know I'm gonna throw it in there-

Andersen was an exchange student from Denmark his senior year of high school, where he first kicked a football. This was at Indianapolis Ben Davis, currently attended by my daughter and soon by my son (who's in 7th grade now).

Vinatieri's been ailing a bit and Andersen actually called Dungy this week. But they brought in Martin Gramatica this week for a look just in case Vinatieri can't go.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
That's incredibly ironic considering Gramatica was supposed to succeed Vinatieri in New England--until he was cut, that is.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I am patieintly awaiting the return of Mark Mosley

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Yeah, the NFL hasn't had a straight-ahead kicker since Moseley. He was the only place kicker ever to win the MVP award for an NFL season (1982). All that proved, however, is that the media can't be trusted to hand out awards.

Ben

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
When is this guy going to finally call it quits, how far can he actually kick the ball. His leg can't be as strong as a 20-30 year olds. But his experience factor will set him apart. Only time will tell can show us if this is going to be a good addition to the falcon franchise.

top topics

join