It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: 2006 NFL Season

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Alot of great games... Bryant's 62 yard fg to beat the eagles, the Falcons beating the Stealers in OT, Vick having a career high 4 TD's, the Packers actually winning!, Chiefs hitting a 53 yard FG to beat the Chargers, and Oakland ending their 11 game losing streak.

And next wek it gets better... the Packers play the Cardinals!!

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I jus thope tha tFarve comes through for me, I've got him starting in several fantasy leagues this weekend.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Well... it is the Cards... so who knows?

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Of course, I don't know diddly, either. But I watched their incomprehensible loss to the Bears on MNF and then did the unthinkable. In our NFL Pickem contest, I felt the Cardinals would be SO deflated by what was arguably the most inexcusable loss in pro football history that I PICKED THE RAIDERS TO WIN. And they did. (Not that I got much else right
.)

So I have to wonder if they win another game. Seriously.

BHN

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by BaseballHistoryNut
...I felt the Cardinals would be SO deflated by what was arguably the most inexcusable loss in pro football history...

Maybe, but it was the Cards and the Bears, so going in, the Cards were expected to lose big. I agree by mid 3rd quarter, you would certainly think the Cards had no business losing.

Having said that, my vote for most inexcusable loss in NFL history would be the 1993 wild card playoff game - Bills at Oilers. Moon threw for 4 TDs in the first half. Frank Reich was starting in place of a hurting Jim Kelly for Buffalo. Reich's first pass of the second half was intercepted and returned for a TD making the score 35-3, Oilers. Next thing you know, Reich's playing like Unitas and the score's tied 38-38 (after a last second Houston FG). They go into OT and the Bills win it with a FG.

Oh yeah, the bills had lost Thurman Thomas early in the game to an injury. So the bills overcame a 32 point deficit with Kelly and Thomas both out and won a playoff game, away, in overtime. Houston's defense was ranked in the top 3 in the NFL that season, and had beaten Buffalo 27-3 in the regular season finale (which is when Kelly got hurt and was forced to miss the wild card game).

Sorry to go off-topic, but that was one of the most memorable games I've ever seen and my personal choice for "Most Inexcusable Loss".

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

Originally posted by BaseballHistoryNut
...I felt the Cardinals would be SO deflated by what was arguably the most inexcusable loss in pro football history...

Maybe, but it was the Cards and the Bears, so going in, the Cards were expected to lose big. I agree by mid 3rd quarter, you would certainly think the Cards had no business losing.

Having said that, my vote for most inexcusable loss in NFL history would be the 1993 wild card playoff game - Bills at Oilers. Moon threw for 4 TDs in the first half. Frank Reich was starting in place of a hurting Jim Kelly for Buffalo. Reich's first pass of the second half was intercepted and returned for a TD making the score 35-3, Oilers. Next thing you know, Reich's playing like Unitas and the score's tied 38-38 (after a last second Houston FG). They go into OT and the Bills win it with a FG.

Oh yeah, the bills had lost Thurman Thomas early in the game to an injury. So the bills overcame a 32 point deficit with Kelly and Thomas both out and won a playoff game, away, in overtime. Houston's defense was ranked in the top 3 in the NFL that season, and had beaten Buffalo 27-3 in the regular season finale (which is when Kelly got hurt and was forced to miss the wild card game).

Sorry to go off-topic, but that was one of the most memorable games I've ever seen and my personal choice for "Most Inexcusable Loss".

My vote for most inexcusable loss is anytime that the Redskins lose. I've been changing the game a lot lately.

Most games are evenly matched this weekend, with both teams having similar records. Like the 2-4 Steelers at the 1-5 Raiders. I liked that. Alot. I'm gonna say it again. Like the 2-4 Steelers at the 1-5 Raiders.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join