It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: 2006 NFL Season

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
GB did fairly well last night. I was glad to see us take the lead into the 3rd quarter, against a very good team. It shows we have potential, but we just can't use it yet.

Also, the player for the Titans who stomped on a Dallas players head was suspended for 5 games, which was the longest penalty suffered from on-field behavior in NFL history.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Actuall, Green Bay was pretty bad. They were creamed in the second half and lucky in the first half. If Buckhalter just knew how to hold onto the ball, Philly would have won by over 30 points. Once Donovan McNabb found his groove, the game was his. Did you see that the Packers released Ahmad Carroll today after he was toasted by Greg Lewis in that game?

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Oh I know they should have won by much more. I'm just fairly satisfied with some defensive and offensive things we did. But they still have a LONG way to go before we get another big win.

Ben

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
There was some blow-outs this past week, and some good matches the Monday night football was a one-sided show, i still can't believe that a player would actually stomp on another player!!!!! Well at least he was slapped with a 5 game suspension.:loudhorn:

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
He got what he deserved. At the very least, he was man enough to make a phone call and actually speak to the man that he stomped on yesterday.

On to my favorite topic, the Redskins. Specifically, my voice after the game. It has just about gotten back to normal now. I think I may have burst a blood vessel in my head on Sunday from screaming. It's a good thing I'm not a season ticket holder...

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
This week will be the big test for the Redskins. If they play as well as they did against Jacksonville, I think they'll stomp the Giants. If not, the Eli Manning may just light them up.

Redskins 27, Giants 21
Eagles 30, Cowboys 20

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
With the NFC east the most competitive division in the league, your predictions could easily go either way...

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I definitely agree there. The team that wins the NFC East won't finish any better than 11-5, and probably won't get even to that. I say 10-6 for the division winner. This is a critical weekend, however. If Dallas loses, then Philly is 4-1 and the Cowboys are 2-2. If the Giants win, then Washington would be 2-3 and the Giants 2-2. That would put Philly clearly in the driver's seat. The Giants are really on the hot seat because a loss for them puts them at 1-3 (should be 0-4), and they are tied for the toughest schedule in the NFL. They still have Chicago, Jacksonville, Carolina, Atlanta, and six division games to go. My bet is they go 8-8.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I could easily see the winner of the division with 12 wins, figure a split with the rest of the division, and one other loss.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
No way! The NFC East teams play the NFC South and the AFC South teams this year, meaning each of the four teams has to play Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Carolina, and Atlanta--very strong teams--as well as New Orleans and Tampa Bay, who can cause a problem on any given day. If an NFC East team goes 3-3 in the division, it's highly doubtful they will win three of four against those teams.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Just being confident in my division.

BTW, the Giants effectively trounced my beloved Redskins earlier.

TRD

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Have you all been talking about Chicago's D and they have only given up 30 points in 5 games?

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Haven't mentioned it yet here, I dont' beleive. But the Bears are a FOR REAL team this year, the offense is clicking very efficiently, and the D has picked up where they left off last season. VERY impressive team.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
There are several impressive defenses this year, with the Bears #1. Four teams have allowed fewer than 10 points a game: Baltimore (46 points in five games), San Diego (36 points in four games), Denver (34 points in four games), and Chicago (36 points in five games). Atlanta is quite close with 42 points in four games.

What's really amazing is that the Bears are the highest scoring team in the NFL, with 156 points in five games (one point more than the Eagles).

Ben

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The bears have been playing a lot better this season, i would give much of the credit to the coaching staff and Rex Grossman who is having the year that we thought he would when he came out of college 3 years ago. He has a lot of potential and is showing us exactly that. Also the running attack and defense has been up to par and basically that is what the bears are known for.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It's getting hotter in Dallas...

Terrell Owens and Cowboys wide receivers coach Todd Haley got into a heated argument during a meeting Wednesday.

The incident ended with both yelling, shouting, "Don't disrespect me like that," ESPN's Ed Werder reported Friday.

source

ESPN.com Story Link

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The Bears ARE for real but do they have enough playoff experience to go all the way? Probably not. The NFC championship game is not out of the question though.

Then there's injuries.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Didn't get my picks in last week. Went 12-2 again. Dallas and GB screwed me. The winner was a perfect 14-0.
Now 2 off on the year end.

This week:

Cincy vs TB
Tenn vs Wash- I hope I don't jinx them Gibbs.

Hous vs Dal
Buff vs Det- Bills were spanked last week, should rebound.
Sea vs St. L
NYG vs Atl- good game but the G-men with a running game and heavy D should win.
Philly vs NO
Car vs Bal- Don't remember who I took in this game.
I think it was Car.
Mia vs NYJ
SD vs SF

KC vs Pitt
Oak vs Den
Chi vs Ariz- the no brainer of the week.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Cincy is coming off a ten point smackdown at the hands of the Patriots last week. I see Cincy making a 'comeback' against the winless Bucs. Tennessee is also coming off of a close game at Indy last week. A game at which they had in hand until Peyton and His Boys got into the 4th quarter. That is true, the Bills were spanked at the hands of the Bear last Sunday. This is a different week, different opponent. I say that Buffalo will score at least 30 against the lowly Lions

Seattle travels to the Edward Jones Dome in St. Louie to take on the Rams in a battle for supremecy in the NFC Western Division. Seattle is 3 - 2 and looking for a win to tie the division. St. Louis meanwhile, is 4 - 1 and leading the division by one whole game.
Giants take on Hotlanta in Atlanta at the Big Peach. The Giants do have a heavy defense that may pressure Vick into some bad throws resulting in possible turnovers. I think it will be the turnovers that will hurt Atlanta in this game.

Philly travels to the Cresent City to take on the Saints. The Saints have only one loss and lead the NFC South. The running of both Deuce McAllister and Reg-gie have lit up the Saints offensive production so far. But the Eagles are on a roll defensively coming off of three interceptions last week against the Cowboys.

The Kitty Cats (Panthers) travel up the N.E.C. to Baltimore to mess with the Ravens. Carolina lost LB Dan Morgan for the season due to concussions, but that should not put a chink in their defense. Carolina has a 3 - 2 record, 3rd in the NFC South, with 17.2 points for and 18.0 points against. The Panthers have the second worst defense in the NFC South.

The Fins of Miami travel to the Big Apple to take on the Jets in a division rivalry. This game may help the Jets gain ground on the Pats, who are idle this week. in the AFC East. Meanwhile, the Dolphins are in the pits of the division with a 1 and 4 record. If the Patriots falter anytime between now and December, those Jets may be there to take up the lead of the division.

The rest of the games I am going to let you guys pick the winners. The Bears v. Cards game is a no doubter for Bears fans!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Some crazy games this weekend, huh?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join