It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: 2006 NFL Season

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
How easily everyone forgets that the Jags won 12 games last season. They are a solid all-around team, without any big stars. The division will be tough to win, with the Colts in there, but they just might have the team to do it this year.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Going into Monday nights game there were a half a dozen folks at 13-2, one at 14-1(he had Pit), only one other 13-2er had the Jags. I had 42 points for the tie breaker, both of the other guys had 38. Needless to say I needed point, then the lowest score in MNF history. They split the $320.

At least Im still in second over the year.

This weeks picks: Only away teams I picked were Philly, Chicago and Baltimore. Tough week, should be some GREAT games.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
That bites, dude.

Who's gonna remain winless after this week?

I'm going with Houston (of course!), Tennessee, Cleveland, Green Bay, Tampa Bay, Oakland and Kansas City

Who remains amongst the undefeated after this week?

My bets are on Chicago, New Orleans, Seattle, New England, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Jacksonville, and San Diego.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
That bites, dude.

I'm going with Houston (of course!), Tennessee, Cleveland, Green Bay, Tampa Bay, Oakland and Kansas City

Don't take your picks off of me please BUT I'm taking the Texans and the Bucs to win.

My bets are on Chicago, New Orleans, Seattle, New England, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Jacksonville, and San Diego.

I'm taking the Steelers to beat the Cats. Other than that A-OK. Don't the Chargers have a bye this week?

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by truenorth

That bites, dude.

Don't take your picks off of me please BUT I'm taking the Texans and the Bucs to win.

I'm taking the Steelers to beat the Cats. Other than that A-OK. Don't the Chargers have a bye this week?

2 comments...WTF is with that Houston comment???????

And yeah, I am uite positive that the Chargers will still be undefeated after this weekend.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The Texans were in both of the games that were against quality teams:

Week1: Philadelphia 24, Houston 10

Week2:Indianapolis 43, Houston 24

No insult intended Gibbs but even with Portis back, they are on the road. Houston isn't as bad as their record imo.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
No insult taken, my friend. Everyone is entitled to thier opinion. In this particular case, though, yours has no real bearing on reality.

:sport-smiley-019:

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   

No insult taken, my friend. Everyone is entitled to thier opinion. In this particular case, though, yours has no real bearing on reality.

:sport-smiley-019:

So we can discuss this on Monday then?

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Sure, but be ready to put your shamed face on the 'net...

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Ah, the Texans were not in either of their games. They lost by at least two TD's in each of them.

Well, I took a look at my predictions, and three of them were right on. Cincinnati beat Cleveland by 17; New Orleans beat Green Bay by 7; and New England beat the Jets by 7.

I pick the Jaguars to beat the Colts by a touchdown this Sunday.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I gotta agree with you, the JAgs have been overlooked the past few years, but they are ready to put themselves on the national radar.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
After 392 days, the NFL is returning to the New Orleans Superdome. Hurricane Katrina ravaged the city and left the Superdome in dire need of repair. The NFL has put a lot of money into repairing the stadium, remembering former commissioner Paul Tagliabue's claim that the NFL had a moral obligation to help the city. The recovery has unified the city, and every game this season has been sold out--something that had never happened in the Saints' history. New Orleans is 2-0 and thinking playoffs. But Atlanta is also 2-0 and the best running team in the league right now. One thing is for certain tonight; everyone will be cheering for the city of New Orleans.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I'm here for my helping of crow. I thought Portis was going to be rusty. Guess I was wrong.

Anyways, 7-7 this week, a far cry from last week. Redemption in week 4.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
How 'bout dem Colts?

Beat the Jags 21-7. We in some sense were lucky to get a win considering Jacksonville was absolutely dominant in the first half. However (and I shouldn't cry about officiating in a win), if not for two HORRIBLE pass interference no-calls on Marvin Harrison at the goal line, the game wouldn't have been that close.

Colts aren't scaring anyone with their running attack yet, that's for sure. But i think it'll come around. And when we get some defensive guys healthy (Bob Sanders & Corey Simon) we'll be in much better position to stuff the run.

When I look at the schedule, I see no reason we shouldn't finish with as good a record as we had last year. The big bumps I see are in mid December against Cincinnati and at Jacksonville. Yeah, we play @ Denver, New England and Dallas, and have the Eagles here, so there's no gimmies on the schedule, but still...

Seahawks certainly hurt by Alexander's injury. If Grossman can stay healthy, the Bears may be the class of the NFC.

Could it be? Bears & Colts in the Super Bowl?

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I'm here for my helping of crow. I thought Portis was going to be rusty. Guess I was wrong.

Anyways, 7-7 this week, a far cry from last week. Redemption in week 4.

Consider yourself served...

And your recipe to cook it..
Japaneses Crow recipe - LINK

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Ariz vs Alt
Dal vs Tenn
Indy vs Jets
Mia vs Hous yes, I said it. They get their first win.
Minn vs Buff
NO vs Carr Reality falls into place.
SD vs Bal, can't run? Can't win!
SF vs KC, if it was only at Candlestick.

Lions vs Rams, could be a battle for the DOME basement.
Clev vs Oak. Sorry, the Raiders may be the worst team in the league.

Jax vs Skins.
NE vs Cincy. BIG GAME!
Sea vs Chi ANOTHER BIG GAME!
GB vs Philly

My calls are bolded.

I need a BIG week. I went from 2nd place over the year, 3 games back, to going into the pack, 6 games back.

[Edited on 9/29/06 by truenorth]

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Indy won that game 21-14, and they shouold have lost it. They were lucky to get out of there with a win. I say the Colts go 13-3 this season.

The big game this week is San Diego-Baltimore. The Chargers are favored even though it is in Baltimore. The Chargers have looked good so far, but up to this point they have only faced cupcakes. The Ravens defense has looked impressive in their three wins. The offense is much improved with a healthy Jamal Lewis and a rejuvenated Steve McNair. The big X factor in this on is Chargers QB Philip Rivers. This game may be the test to show whether or not he's ready for the big leagues. I say 17-13 Chargers.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Ariz vs Alt
Dal vs Tenn
Indy vs Jets
Mia vs Hous yes, I said it. They get their first win.
Minn vs Buff
NO vs Carr Reality falls into place.
SD vs Bal, can't run? Can't win!
SF vs KC, if it was only at Candlestick.

Lions vs Rams, could be a battle for the DOME basement.
Clev vs Oak. Sorry, the Raiders may be the worst team in the league.

Jax vs Skins.
NE vs Cincy. BIG GAME!
Sea vs Chi ANOTHER BIG GAME!
GB vs Philly

My calls are bolded.

I need a BIG week. I went from 2nd place over the year, 3 games back, to going into the pack, 6 games back.

[Edited on 9/29/06 by truenorth]

I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you on several games here.

Houston. Not winners this particular week. It will happen, sometime. Not now though.

Minnesota. They are a good, solid team. Buffalo is still struggling. Advantage Vikings.

New Orleans. They are the team to beat in the NFC south, in my book. That franchise has turned things around, and they will prove it against the over-hyped Panthers.

I'm tempted to say that the niners will win this week, but, I just can't bring myself to actually say that out loud. Not a surprise if they win it.

Redskins. Don't just hand this game to the Jags. The Jaguars are one of the elite teams in the NFL. But, the Redskins are beter than thier record suggests, especially with Portis back now.

So let it be writen, so let it be done. :tum:

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Well, not bad 11-2, tied with 2 other guys. If Philly beats GB and the point total is less than 38 points, the money's MINE! :party-smiley-018:

Also picked up 3 points on the year. Only 3 from the lead.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I got 10 so far, good enough to win the week in the "official" ST pick 'em league.

BTW, the house was a ROCKIN yesterday at FedEx Field. (Jack Kent Cooke Stadium to the real fans) I have no voice left, but the pack of HAlls that I've consumed over the past 24 hours has helped a little bit...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join