It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: 2006 NFL Season

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Yeah, that sideshow is already getting tired. Owens is trouble and always will be trouble. He won't combust this season, but in 2007, it'll be the same story as in Philly.

Matt Leinart finally ended his holdout, signed, and reported to camp, so now all the first round picks are signed. He better be ready to go, because Kurt Warner hasn't played a full season since 2001.

Deion Branch, on the other hand, is still holding out and says he'll hold out until the 10th game (when he will become a free agent) if necessary. Tom Brady has been saying that the Patriots should just pay Branch what he wants.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Terrell Owens is back on the exercise bike. He says that he reinjured that hamstring and can't play the next preseason game. According to him, he wouldn't even play if it was a regular season game. Is this really the problem, or does TO just not want to play in the preseason? Is he doing this just to draw attention to himself?

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Carson Palmer looked really good in his first preseason game last week against Green Bay. Brett Favre, on the other hand, looked terrible. The Bengals mauled the Packers as Palmer picked apart the Packer defense in the first half. He looked confident and comfortable, expecially after he took that first hit. He even ran once and looked good doing it--smartly used the slide. On ESPN the next day they were all saying that they thought that Palmer would be considered the NFL's best quarterback in two years or less.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Preseason's over.

Big Ben's recovering from an emergency appendectomy. Portis's shoulder is the biggest question in DC in most minds. And the world awaits an explosion out of Dallas.

Bring on the games!

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Gotta love it...

Pittsburg Steelers preview

Strengths:
The Steelers aren't satisfied with winning just one Super Bowl. They want to win two. Then they'll be satisfied and can dismantle the franchise.

Weakness:
Santonio Holmes is the kind of player that can disrupt a defense. He can't catch, though.

Question Mark:
What will they do now that Jerome Bettis is gone? Pretty much the same thing they did when he was here: give the ball to Willie Parker and Duce Staley.

Outlook:
Since this is Bill Cowher's final season with the Steelers, expect him to use up all his sick days and vacation time while Ken Whisenhunt takes over the day-to-day operations of the team. That's what I love about quitting jobs. You give your two weeks notice, and you can basically tell everyone to #### off.

Source Link

The Brushback.com

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I don't think that Cowher has ever said that this is his last year. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, he is still under contract. Some people have suggested that this is his last year, but I don't think he ever said so.

Anyway, tomorrow is the beginning of the NFL season!!! Steelers vs. Dolphins, but Pittsburgh will be without Ben Roethlisberger. Daunte Culpepper has looked quite good in the preseason, and the Dolphins finished well in 2005. Dolphins win 21-10.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
RL is kicking the # out of me. Kick off in less than an hour.

My picks:

Pit
Car
Bal
NE
KC
Den
Clev
Ten
Philly
Sea
Chi
Dal
Ariz

NYG, yes, I said it.
Wash
SD

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BirdstheBest
I don't think that Cowher has ever said that this is his last year. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, he is still under contract. Some people have suggested that this is his last year, but I don't think he ever said so.

Twas a joke, mi amigo! Take a look at the link provided, if you need some tiem to relax...

Going into th ehalf of th efirst game of the season with the Steelers winning 14-10. Pretty good game so far. I coudl use a TD or 2 out of Parker, but want the Dolphins to win, so Duante should throw about 3 td's to Chambers...

^ frigin fantasy leagues this year. I think I am insane...

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Good day of games today, though I was busy running errends most of the day, listed to a lot o Westwood One radio. I love ESPN radio on Sundays, too, that is about the best way to stay up with your fantasy teams.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The Cowboys and Giants are both 0-1, while the Eagles are 1-0. Good game for Philly after a slow start. McNabb looked very good, Donte Stallworth looked fantastic, and the running game actually produced. They're home next week against the Giants, so I'm looking for a close Eagle win.

The Ravens looked incredible in their 27-0 win over Tampa Bay. The defense throttled everything and Steve McNair looked very sharp in his Ravens debut. I watched some of this game and was very impressed. Some experts have been picking the Ravens to make the playoffs. Well, they beat a 2005 playoff team in their own home stadium. If McNair and Jamal Lewis can stay healthy, then watch out.

Don't underestimate the Jacksonville Jaguars. They were 12-4 last year and played the Colts close twice, once holding Indy to only 10 points. Yesterday they scored 24 straight points in a 24-17 win over Dallas. Byron Leftwich looked pretty good, but the defense looked even better once they settled down.

Tonight the Skins play. Some people I work with keep saying that Washington stinks. I think they are sorely mistaken, but let's see how they hold up tonight against the new Minnesota Vikings.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The NFL released a statement today saying that Robert Geathers's hit on Trent Green was clean and that there will no fine or suspension. They cited the fact that Green slid late, while Geathers was already moving toward him, and that Geathers was pushed by Eddie Kennison.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I don't disagree with that. It didn't look like a dirty play to me, either. And I'm definitely a Trent Green fan since he's an Indiana University guy. He's had a pretty remarkable NFL career. It was his injury in St Louis that allowed Warner to step in and take the Rams to the championship. Vermeil's sure always liked Green.

I'd like to see Green win the big one, just not at the expense of the Colts.

Ben

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I'm hoping that the Giants can continue on a good solid year last season. First of all the important addition to the defense with Lavar Arrington is going to be key, his pass rushing and run stopping is going to be key for us going to the playoff. Manning has shown that he will continue to step up and play as the capable qb that he will be and tiki barber will continue rushing the ball, he know can take a few breathers here and there with Jacobs coming off the sideline. He is one big running back.

The Jets also looked impressive in there week 1 victory i would like to see them continue on this pace but it also depends on if chad can stay healthy, and after 2 shoulder surgier i doubt it.

Ben

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Buffalo vs. Miami

Carolina vs. Minnesota

Cleveland vs. Cincinnati

Detroit vs. Chicago

Houston vs. Indianapolis

New Orleans vs. Green Bay

NY Giants vs. Philadelphia

Oakland vs. Baltimore

Tampa Bay vs. Atlanta

Arizona vs. Seattle

St. Louis vs. San Francisco

Kansas City vs. Denver

New England vs. NY Jets

Tennessee vs San Diego

Washington vs. Dallas

Ben

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Here are the games that are going to be played in week 2:
Any predictions?

Buffalo vs. Miami

Carolina vs. Minnesota

Cleveland vs. Cincinnati

Detroit vs. Chicago

Houston vs. Indianapolis

New Orleans vs. Green Bay

NY Giants vs. Philadelphia

Oakland vs. Baltimore

Tampa Bay vs. Atlanta

Arizona vs. Seattle

St. Louis vs. San Francisco

Kansas City vs. Denver

New England vs. NY Jets

Tennessee vs San Diego

Washington vs. Dallas

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Buffalo vs. Miami - Miami by 6

Carolina vs. Minnesota - Carolina by 4

Cleveland vs. Cincinnati - Cincinnati by 17

Detroit vs. Chicago - Chicago by 14

Houston vs. Indianapolis - Indianapolis by 24

New Orleans vs. Green Bay - New Orleans by 7

NY Giants vs. Philadelphia - Philadephia by 4

Oakland vs. Baltimore - Baltimore by 21

Tampa Bay vs. Atlanta - Atlanta by 10

Arizona vs. Seattle - Seattle by 10

St. Louis vs. San Francisco - St. Louis by 9

Kansas City vs. Denver - Kansas City by 3

New England vs. NY Jets - New England by 7

Tennessee vs San Diego - San Diego by 12

Washington vs. Dallas - Washington by 4

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I won't post my picks until the pick 'em league is locked. Don't want to give away any secrets, lol!

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Washington Redskins coach Joe Gibbs ruled Clinton Portis out for Sunday's game against the Dallas Cowboys, an announcement that surprised Portis and created yet another twist in the running back's injury saga.

Source

Yahoo! Sports - LINK

This has porduced a whole flock of butterflies in my stomach. Not only because he's the main man on my favorite team, but also because I had picked him 4th overall in my fantasy league with my cousins. Hopefully this drama is over after this weekend.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
My squad, the Philadelphia Eagles, really blew it today. This one just ripped my heart out. They get off to a good start and held a 17-7 lead at the half. Donovan McNabb was passing and running well, while the defense was stuffing the Giants. In the fourth quarter Philly had a 24-7 lead; that's when they fell apart. Well, the play that got the Giants back into things was pure luck. Giants' receiver Plaxico Burress was running for a TD when he was stripped of the ball. Eagles safety Brian Dawkins had his hands on the ball but couldn't hold on, and the Giants ended up recovering it in the end zone for a touchdown. 24-14.

Philly had their chances. There was once when they passed the ball on a third and 1. They missed a FG in the first half. Their defense, which had eight sacks on the day, couldn't tackle when it mattered. That game should never have gone to overtime. Oh, and that final play! Eli Manning had no idea where he was throwing that ball. He just heaved it up and Burress came down with it.

I am so heartbroken.

[Edited on 9/22/06 by BirdstheBest]

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
On Monday Night Football, the Jacksonville Jaguars shut out the defending NFL champion Pittsburgh Steelers 9-0 in the lowest scoring game in MNF history. The Jaguars, who were playing without a few important defenders, put a defensive hurtin' on the Steelers. Pittsburgh only crossed midfield ONCE in the entire game, and that was in the first quarter. Meanwhile, the bruising running of Fred Taylor combined with Byron Leftwich's passing led the Jags to three field goals. They could have gotten more points after an interception with under two minutes to go, but coach Jack del Rio chose to run out the clock. (Let me say here that I disagree with that move, because points scored can be the difference in tiebreaker situations come playoff time.) Jacksonville is now 2-0 as they head to Indianapolis next week. Last year the Jags played the Colts tough both times, losing 10-3 and 26-18. Their defense looked incredible tonight. I mean, the Steelers only got 26 yards rushing the entire game! If they can beat Indy, they'll be well on their way to a playoff berth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join