It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Post-1978 Quarterbacks: Who's the Best?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Gibbs, you CAN'T have Brady ahead of Marino. That is a sin! Brady has not proved himself over the period Marino did. He has not had to work with no running game, no defense. He has only had five seasons with a very good team. His statistics are not overpowering, just above average. Three Super Bowl rings? Troy Aikman has that, and in the same period of time (three in four years). Why isn't Aikmann higher on the list?

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Aikman's lower due to my admitted anti-Cowboy bias.

He also had arguably the best RB with him, a couple of extremely talented wideouts, and a great D. True, Brady has a great D to complement him, but the talent surrounding him on offense is average to good, nobody there that can be argued as the best ever at thier position.

Just because Dan has the stats, doesn't make him the better QB, IMHO. As I've said before, I feel that stats are overrated when making comparisons like this.

And to think, I figured you'd be happy I put Young higher on the list.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Well, Gibbs, I'll admit that I was pleased that you put Young on the list. I'm even more pleased that I AM NOW AN ENGAGED MAN!

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by BirdstheBest
I AM NOW AN ENGAGED MAN!

Congratulations!!

Are you going to remember to invite your Sportztawk friends, or do you want the marriage to actually last?

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Well, Gibbs, I'll admit that I was pleased that you put Young on the list. I'm even more pleased that I AM NOW AN ENGAGED MAN!

I'm torn on this as a person that's been married twice. It's either "Congrat's man" or "RUN DUDE!!!"

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Congrats, man. :party-smiley-018:

BTW, it's Montana.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I'm even more pleased that I AM NOW AN ENGAGED MAN!

I'm gonna say congratulations and wish you the best. Have you set a date yet? More importantly where's the honeymoon going to be?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join