It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Terrel Owens.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I heard he was going to Dallas.

Do you guys think he will present a problem for them like he did for the eagles or do you think he has learned his lesson ?

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The jury's out on that one:

www.sportztawk.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
TO is already in Dallas and yes, I think he will cause the same trouble as always. In San Francisco, he was always the showman (remember his posing on the midfield star?) and for a few years he got along OK (with a little friction between him and Jerry Rice), but then he started taking pot shots at Jeff Garcia--a Pro Bowl quarterback, no less--and in two years SF had fallen from a very good team to a miserable one. He was just poison to the team.

I am an Eagles fan, and I'll admit I was excited to have TO in Philly in 2004, even considering his history. That season he was excellent on and off the field. He also showed resolve by coming back from that leg injury in time for the Super Bowl. But, alas, then came 2005. He bitched about his pay, then couldn't stop talking about Donovan McNabb. No one from the team had the guts to tell him to shut up. The coaches didn't bench him as they should. It took far to long before they deactivated him. His theatrics, coupled with McNabb's injury, caused a disastrous finish for Philly.

In Dallas, I see Owens following the same M.O. He will be nice for a year or two, but eventually he will start complaining that he isn't getting the recognition he deserves and start openly criticizing Drew Bledsoe. The only difference I see is that Bill Parcells won't take that crap the way Andy Reid did. He'll bench Owens if he tries that stuff again.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by truenorth
The jury's out on that one:

www.sportztawk.com...

Oh...thx truenorth

[Edited on 4/25/06 by SurfOBBC]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I also think he will cause a bit of trouble.

But it will take him a while to start the trouble.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
If he had learned his lesson, he wouldn't have reprised in Philly the problems he caused in SF. This guy is maybe the biggest headache in the history of baseball, basketball or football. And now he's going to Bill Parcells. As one member said, he'll probably be an angel for the first year, maybe even the second. If Parcells hasn't retired by then, we'll see an explosion like nobody's seen since that spring training blowup between Leyland and Bonds in Pittsburgh, and that was only memorable because they had to censor half of Leyland's words. Parcells might attack Owens.

BHN

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I agree.

He will act like an angel for a while and then start taking shots at the QB.

top topics

join