It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: New Mexico to study NFL?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
If you ask 100 people at random on the street what they think about putting an NFL franchise in - - take a deep breath here - - New Mexico, you'd probably get a lot of double takes, more than a handful of blank stares and an occasional retort along the lines of "What the hell are you talking about?"

Well, Hizzoner the Governor of New Mexico, Bill Richardson, thinks it's a grand idea and thinks that the state should cough up $500K to do a study to see if this is really something to pursue with great vigor. They've hired a consultant to the study for them.

If you think I'm kidding...

www.abqtrib.com

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
500k? I'll do it for half that.

No Bill, it's not feasible.

That'll be 250k.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I ca see why they would want to pursue a team, though. It's prestige, it (should) bolster the local economy of the team's city. And, it may boost tourism. But, it would ruin the small town atmosphere of the state...

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
There deffinitelly needs to be a team in VA. We have a decent sized population and many major cities. I know the Washington teams are supposed to be like Virginia's teams but I would just like a team that is based in VA.

[Edited on 4/25/06 by SurfOBBC]

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I dont' see the reason why. I have never understood why most people feel that you must be a fan of the team that is closest to where you live. I am a fan of the teams I like because of thier style of play.

new topics

top topics

join