It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Free Agent movement 2006 style

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
With the recent labor deal finally signede between the NFL and the players union, things have started happening with free agents, and rumours, etc.

Kerry Collins has been let go by the Raiders. For a guy who led a team to the Super Bowl, he has really fallen from grace, to be cut by AL Davis means you have the talent of an ameaba left in you. Say goodbye to Kerry's career, there's no place that will take him now.

Lavar Arrington is going to be a free agent. My namesake does make mistakes...

Duante Culpepper wants out of Minnesota. I hear it's because the new coach is charging double for Super Bowl Tickets. Or was it that luxury cruises on lakes are now double? I'm so easily confused.

Brian Greise is a Buccaneer no more. The man who was ahead of Tom Brady in college is done with his 3rd team. The Bucs now have the other favorite son at QB, Chris Simms. And they have re-signed Mike Alstott, the rumblin', bumblin fool that he is.

Deshaun Foster is taking advantage of Stephen Davis's misfortune, and signed a 3 year deal with the Panthers. Davis was cut earlier by the team.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
And the Browns have bolstered their O line, singing center LeCharles Bentley and offensive tackle Kevin Shaffer -

sports.espn.go.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Teams like the Eagles who have been very good about minding their cap are getting screwed here. They spent all these years planning every step carefully, leaving themselves in good shape, now all the other teams get an extra $10 mill to play with.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Them's the brakes, as the saying goes.

I had intended on keeping up to date with all the player movement on here, but I noticed a headline over the weekend, 50 players changed teams in 4 days! I dfon't know if I can keep up with that since I've only been getting on here part time...

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
If you can't beat 'em, sign em...

The NFL's most accurate kicker failed the Colts in the clutch. By signing Adam Vinatieri, Indianapolis not only addressed that problem, it also took a key piece away from nemesis New England.

Indianapolis has agreed in principle to a deal with Vinatieri, the team announced Tuesday night on its website. The Colts make the switch from Mike Vanderjagt -- who misses less than anyone -- to the kicker who never misses when it matters most.

Vinatieri has hit two winning kicks in the Super Bowl for the Patriots. Vanderjagt's career accuracy rate is the best in the NFL, but twice he has missed critical field goals in the playoffs.

One of those also happened to be his last kick for Indianapolis: In January, Vanderjagt badly missed a 46-yarder in the closing seconds that would have forced overtime with eventual Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh.

source

CBS Sportsline

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Although I haven't been keeping up with this as I had hoped I would, I just saw a signing of note, especially to some of the regulars here. The Packers have signed Charles Woodson away from the Raiders.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Just so you know, Flounder, the salary cap goes up EVERY year. The only reason it was going to stay the same in 2006 before the new CBA was signed was because of some stipulations in the old CBA. That fine print was designed to motivate the owners and the players union to negotiate a new one. Looks like it worked.

new topics

top topics

join